Thread: "Bass Poppers" for the Delta!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default "Bass Poppers" for the Delta!

Hi everyone! Thought I would post a few pictures of the Bass Poppers that I tied using the Wapsi "Perfect Popper" kit that I bought at Kiene's along with all the other materials needed for them. I used #PP5 Tapered,Cupped & Slotted Popper in yellow for all of these that I tied. it is a bit of a long process but fun at the same time. The CK hooks are Mustad Signature series and come in the kit and the foam is slotted so you can slide the hooks into place. I used 5 Minute Epoxy in the slots to help keep the hooks in place. Then i used permanent colored markers for the designs on the body of the poppers. The sky is the limit on designs but frog patterns work great on those big bass! And they love yellow and black!!! I also used some crystal flash and flashabou in with the tail and hackle. Epoxy the eyes on and let dry. I did several at a time in steps and the very last thing to do is a good even coating of Epoxy which can be a bit tricky. I bought some really inexpensive throw away kids small paint brushes to paint on the 5 Minute epoxy then turn the fly by hand so you don't get any runs, drips or errors!! Once they are completely dry which is overnight, go fish them!!! Tight Lines!
    Jeannie
    <*))-------><
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_0555.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	11227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_0560.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	11228   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_0564.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	11229