Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid Lake Permits

Default Pyramid Lake Permits

I've been trying to buy some permits but the online site is only showing
    last years 2014-2015 permits available.

Anybody buy 2015-2016 permits yet ???

Hey Dennis,

We have been working very closely with the tribe on the regulations and I was told they would be available and updated on the website by early this week. I will check in with them tomorrow and see if there are any updates.

Rob Anderson

Ok

Did they rethink the 100' parking regulation ???

Quote Originally Posted by DennisV View Post
    Ok

Did they rethink the 100' parking regulation ???
    No Dennis, We worked very hard to try to get them to understand the ramifications of that rule change. We will have to live with it for a year. It is going to be a nightmare for the rangers and some of the anglers as well. It will be interesting to see how it is enforced. I think the rangers will come up with a way to police the reg. to help out in certain areas.

Rob Anderson
    Pyramid Lake Fly Fishing

Default Online permits

I've been trying to buy some permits but the online site is only showing
    last years 2014-2015 permits available.

Anybody buy 2015-2016 permits yet ???
    I just talked to my contact at the Tribal office and they are working to get the permits available by this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

Rob Anderson
    Pyramid Lake Fly Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Bull_Dog View Post
    No Dennis, We worked very hard to try to get them to understand the ramifications of that rule change. We will have to live with it for a year. It is going to be a nightmare for the rangers and some of the anglers as well. It will be interesting to see how it is enforced. I think the rangers will come up with a way to police the reg. to help out in certain areas.

Rob Anderson
    Pyramid Lake Fly Fishing

Do you think they will allow loading and unloading at the waters edge
    or can you not drive within 100' at any time?

Can you get clarification on this ?

As rare as it is to see a Ranger patrolling, I don't think that you will have a problem unloading your gear and reparking. Just don't stand around and BS for 1/2hr before you move your truck.

Default Dealing with the new regs,

Do you think they will allow loading and unloading at the waters edge
    or can you not drive within 100' at any time?

Can you get clarification on this ?
    I don't think the rangers for the most part have even seen the new regs. until now either. I saw a ranger at the lake last week and asked him about it and he was un aware. There is going to be a period where we will have to see how it is going to be enforced. The rangers have always been pretty logical when it comes to these kind of things. They don't just go around writing tickets. I would say unloading is o.k. but that is just an opinion. There are also beaches where it is not possible to do 100 feet. Have faith that the rangers will do their best to make this work for all of us.

Rob Anderson
    Pyramid Lake Fly Fishing

Every time I've dealt with a PLPT ranger they've been easy-going and reasonable. I'm sure they will do the right thing.
    “Behind mountains, more mountains.” - Haitian proverb

I was at the Tribal Council meeting on September 4th.and I spoke to the Tribe concerning unloading ladders on the water's edge. They said it would be OK to do so. They explained to me the reason for the 100ft. restriction, they have good reason for the new regulation. Unfortunately, some non-Tribal members abuse the land leaving damage and messes on the beaches. All of the new regulations were done for legitimate reasons, they need to protect their land. It is a privilege not a right to fish on their land. As far as the ladders regs,they changed the ladder regulations because certain individuals would leave unattended ladders on a beach while fishing another beach.