Thread: "Rivers of a Lost Coast" watch it free......

Default "Rivers of a Lost Coast" watch it free......

It's time to watch this great movie again....it's fall.

At one time we had some of the largest runs of wild salmon and wild steelhead in the world.

http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title...andard_edition

Joe Shirshac took lots of pictures and lots of 8 mm movies that he donated to these film makers. I fished a lot with Joe so I am in this movie in several places.

At 6 min 20 sec I was on the Lower American River in the winter at Sailor Bar in the 1960s.

At 6 min 41 sec I was on the Trinity River in the fall near Junction City in the 1970s.

Born in 1945, I was lucky to have seen the end of a great era of salmon and steelhead fishing.

All they would have to do is keep logging and AG in check and take out more dams.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I was lucky to have fished the Smith and Chetco back in the mid 70's to early 80's. I use to make the trip almost every friday afternoon and drive all the way to the Smith River. Back then it was side by side prams from one end of the hole to the other end. If you wanted a good slot, you had to be up before the roosters crowed. Back then I had a 65 El Camino with a 327 cu. in. engine, that was a good running car, better than my 2005 Chevy Silverado that I have today. I remember meeting Bill, Hollywood and a few other locals. I can say that Bill wasn't the most friendly person until he got to know you. From the Smith, I started fishing the Eel, Navarro, Mattole. Back then I had a TPL pram and a Columbia pram. I still have the Columbia pram but I have been thinking about selling it since I don't use it that much. It's a circa 1972 model. It's an Oldie but a Goodie. It will also come with a 45lb thrust minn kota trolling moter, 5 1/2' oars, 10lb mushroom anchor, landing net and a couple other items. Keep an eye out on the Classifieds.

I watch Rivers of the Lost Coast at least twice a month. I wonder if the DVD's ever wear out

Jay
    Last edited by Baja Fly Fisher; 09-26-2015 at 09:18 AM.