Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California Fly Fisher....

Thumbs up California Fly Fisher....

Just received the current issue of California Fly Fisher (Oct. 2015). As usual, lotsa good stuff in it. On page 40 there's an interesting article by Russell Chatham, "How to Catch at Least a Thousand Steelhead on a Fly in One Season in California", a lengthy and rather misleading title. I'm not going to give any spoiler alerts here. You need to read it. Good read, tho. After finishing the article I can see that Chatham and Walter have been secretly meeting for discussions.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

At least they both can back up their opinions which I can't say the same for others. People who have fished countless day and hours and continue to do so have insight most of us do not...including you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    Just received the current issue of California Fly Fisher (Oct. 2015). As usual, lotsa good stuff in it. On page 40 there's an interesting article by Russell Chatham, "How to Catch at Least a Thousand Steelhead on a Fly in One Season in California", a lengthy and rather misleading title. I'm not going to give any spoiler alerts here. You need to read it. Good read, tho. After finishing the article I can see that Chatham and Walter have been secretly meeting for discussions.
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity

But I know none, and therefore am no beast

-William Shakespeare

Default Chatham....

Agree with most of your thought.... Too bad you didn't find the intended humor in it.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Agree with most of your thought.... Too bad you didn't find the intended humor in it.
    I agree your humor has always eluded me since it's always been for your own personal amusement. Should've just omitted last sentence but whatev you felt the need to write it.

-William Shakespeare

Ill have to check out the article. Yes, we share many of the same sentiments. If you see him coming while shad fishing though, leave if you want to catch shad. He is always trying to kill one for the roe and you will get skunked if he fishes next to you. Happened to me lots of times, lol. I dont see him steelhead fishing much...

I look forward to reading the article if I can get it before its gone.

Ned,.... Maybe you should try not to read my comments/posts. Critique about humor coming from a guy who doesn't appear to have sense of humor just doesn't mean much.... To paraphrase you, give it a rest, you're not that cool. (no humor intended).

Author unknown

Ned,.... Maybe you should try not to read my comments/posts. Critique about humor coming from a guy who doesn't appear to have sense of humor just doesn't mean much.... To paraphrase you, give it a rest, you're not that cool. (no humor intended).
    Listen Darian your posts precede you. For years your "know it all tone" has flooded this board including your comments about Walter and others now including myself. Clearly your ass is higher in the air than most of us and your intent on the last comment above should be met with skepticism given your prior engagements. You have a lot of time on your hands my suggestion is go fish more instead of bantering so much on this board and if you're too damn old and senile then "GIVE IT A REST, YOU'RE NOT THAT COOL!"

-William Shakespeare

Default Oooo... Ouch...

Ned,.... I think it's safe to say neither of us particularly likes the other and I don't see that changing any time soon. So, why don't we just agree to avoid reading each others posts/comments and/or responding.... That way you won't be offended/upset....

Author unknown

I liked the article although I'm not that much a fan of hearing about the good old days. The last paragraph was a surprise though...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick.H View Post
    I liked the article although I'm not that much a fan of hearing about the good old days. The last paragraph was a surprise though...
    And Ive been stuck out of civilization and still havent seen the article. Can you summarize it Darian? At least then I can laugh at the joke? I need a good laugh....