Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Klamath... What a trip!

Bwag - Nice post - Hope all the static between this reply and your post doesn't stop you from posting again. You got my blood stirring with those pics. I love that area and have parked and stood where your truck is many times. Hoopa to Weitchpec, Weitchpec to Pecwan/Johnsons used to me my go to place to fish. However, I haven't been down there for a couple years because I wanted to start checking out the Happy Camp (north & south of there) area, which I love as well.

After seeing your post, I want to jump in my rig and head up there right now...lol

A couple years ago I had a similar experience where I just happened to hit all the right places at the right time. I ran into several other fisherman during the time I was there and the word out was the fishing was slow......I caught so many fish I couldn't even mention it. It was the first time I really felt in sync with the river and the fish while fishing for Steelhead.

Hopefully we get some rain in the next few weeks to really get those fish moving and spread out through the river. Hopefully!!!
    Last edited by itsbenlong; 09-04-2015 at 09:36 AM.

So I do apologize to suggesting I agree with the personal attack using profane language but do feel that John's posts were a bit more inflammatory than necessary - and would ask if he had a book that talked about steelhead where would he advertise? What better place than sites that discuss fishing targeting an audience that might benefit from it.

I love to read books on fishing - just another way to enjoy the sport. Do I need to read them to catch fish - likely not but have I read books and watched videos that have made me a better caster and fisherman - absolutely. I would never say that I did this all on my own without help from others and from literature

to answer an original question on camping, I have camped many times on the river throughout the lower reach below Weitchpec and never had a problem with the Indians though have has some issues with bears
    Last edited by Rick J; 09-04-2015 at 07:35 AM.

Adrenaline fed attitude always precedes the run, its like clockwork. Casting is the only cure.

Any book that promotes the Klamath is as awesome!

I've never had a problem camping down low. Respect gets respect (a spare pack of Marlborougs, common sense and a six pack can't hurt either).

OK, most of this has been pretty informative. Dennis is a friend and his book is worth the purchase price. We all know it is available and probably don't need to read more ads for the book. I do give John credit for using his full name. In the past, posters treading on thin ice have hidden behind code names. This forum has always been like a family. Sometimes family members disagree, let's just make sure everyone is treated with respect.

I usually do not say much when these posts get hijacked or sent off in a direction that has nothing to do with the person who originally posted it, although I often want to. However, this one has just gone on too far and it is really quite rude to the person who just wanted to share a great trip and show us some really nice photos and to those who are generally interested in what the post was originally about.

I would like to only suggest that this ends here and if anyone wants to continue just start your own post or better yet a Private Message.

I keep jumping on to see if anyone replies to it with content regarding the Klamath Trip and it is a drag to have to filter and weave through all the chaos.

Steelhead season is upon us....let’s share some good stories and have fun fishing. That is what this post should really be about.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbenlong View Post
    I usually do not say much when these posts get hijacked or sent off in a direction that has nothing to do with the person who originally posted it, although I often want to. However, this one has just gone on too far and it is really quite rude to the person who just wanted to share a great trip and show us some really nice photos and to those who are generally interested in what the post was originally about.

I would like to only suggest that this ends here and if anyone wants to continue just start your own post or better yet a Private Message.

I keep jumping on to see if anyone replies to it with content regarding the Klamath Trip and it is a drag to have to filter and weave through all the chaos.

Steelhead season is upon us....let’s share some good stories and have fun fishing. That is what this post should really be about.
    Well put, and agreed!
    Please do keep the pics and stories and information coming. Any other "stuff" could easily be moved to another thread?
    Thanks again for the great report Bwag, sounds like an amazing trip
    JB
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

Awesome report and photos! Thanks for sharing!

Just got back from campin in the same spot. No big pushes last few days

Even after a polite hint, some people just don't get it! That individual is no longer a part of the group. Looking forward to a prosperous and positive steelhead season.
    T.

Well, this has always been the category that attracts out spoken, ill mannered, opinionated, mean spirited people (did I get them all?) so if you can't be a gentleman or gentlewoman we will delete you from this wonderful forum.

**Thanks to all the wonderful people who have posted here.....we appreciate you.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........