Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Klamath... What a trip!

Wow, what a great trip! The Lower Klamath remains firmly on my bucket list, been on it for 20 years and counting. You'd think I'd have found the time by now...
    Thanks for the post, and letting some of us live vicariously...

Wayne

DPLee, where did you end up camping? Did you have any trouble with the locals? I have heard some horror stories of camping on the river.

Hey John, you're wrong. But I know everyone has opinions...

Dennis's book is the only book dedicated to the half pounder steelhead that's ever been written. His labor of love and passion shows in every page. if you know how to read, you'll learn a thing or two? If you like to tie, the fly patterns and recipes alone are worth any steelhead fisherman's time. It'll be compared to Trey Comb's book "Steelhead Fly Fishing"
    Last edited by M Duper; 09-02-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Mr. Reese you are truly a jerk what is your problem with Dennis his book is awesome an your a as$ hole stay in Oregon we don't need you down here

No fish ladder at Iron Gate dam. Good thing they are going to demolish it soon (there is good habitat upstream).

Quote Originally Posted by cmcdhuibh View Post
    I assume there is a ladder at Iron gate dam. The regs can be hard to understand sometimes. The river goes on forever and I wonder where the fish are able to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by M Duper View Post
    Hey John, you're wrong. But I know everyone has opinions...

Dennis's book is the only book dedicated to the half pounder steelhead that's ever been written. His labor of love and passion shows in every page. if you know how to read, you'll learn a thing or two? If you like to tie, the fly patterns and recipes alone are worth any steelhead fisherman's time. It'll be compared to Trey Comb's book "Steelhead Fly Fishing"
    Dennis gave a presentation recently at our club meeting. In addition to 30+ years as a fisheries biologist, including heading the California Steelhead and Salmon programs, he is an excellent tier, author and general good guy. He's probably spent more time on the Klamath than anyone in this discussion. The book is awesome and will be my Christmas present to myself. For someone with 36 posts to rip him for a minor disagreement is not what this forum is about. I agree that figuring it out for yourself is what it's all about, but the book is so much more than that. Keeping one's mind open is part of learning. I digress...............
    Robert

delete delete
    Last edited by Bwag; 07-18-2016 at 10:55 PM.

I agree with norcal about Mr. Reese - there are ways to politely disagree and make a point and then there are ways that he expressed his thoughts - way over the top and one of many reasons I tend to not post much anymore.

Do you need Dennis' book to catch fish? Certainly not - is it an interesting read - sure and as Dennis pointed out reading about fish is a fun thing to do in your spare time. I see no problem with Dennis suggesting his book is out there on a fishing forum!!!
    Last edited by Rick J; 09-03-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Default Personal Attacks....

I have no interest in this debate except to say that in the past, board rules established that personal attacks were not to be permitted, especially those involving profane name calling and, also, by someone using a pseudonym for posting. IMO regardless of how he felt about John Reese' opinion, "norcaltom" violated those rules and owes John Reese an apology.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

What a complete mess over a very nice post. If any apologies are due, I think they would be to Bwag for hijacking a great TR and sharing of information. I actually bristle a tiny bit at the volume of self promotion of Dennis' book, (though I certainly look forward to getting a copy myself). Regardless, there was absolutely no need to gripe about it they way John did; profanities or not the tone was pretty rude and attacking imo. There are plenty of ways to disagree, preferably in private rather than on a nice post like this. John's later comments were really out of line and unproductive; while I don't think name calling is ever really appropriate here I think it was spot on to point out he was being rude and out of line...

Tell you what, I'll offer my apologies, in the hopes we can move on:
    Bwag, sorry to have dallied any further on this silly matter. Your post was awesome, and makes me wish I were there right now. Thanks for sharing some tidbits about an area that I would love to explore a lot more of, and I'm sorry for engaging in meaningless personal drama on your thread. Please post more, really enjoy reading what you have to say about your journeys... I can relate a lot.
    cheers and tight lines,
    JB
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown