Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relocation ideas

I have fished many places without seeing another fisherman on the upper Sac.,Pit, upper McCloud, Scott,Salmon, and others. As with any place such as these, you may still occasionally meet another person on the river,but it is so easy to scoot up or down river. High elevation lakes? To many to list. I can not wait to live there full time.

I've lived in Idaho Falls for 25 years. Moved here to fish in the summer and ski in the winter. Cost of living and real estate are as cheap as you are likely to find in the U.S. GREAT FLYFISHING IS JUST UP THE ROAD! I can be fishing the South Fork in less than an hour and the Henry's Fork is just a little farther drive. I fish April thru November and have two 29" Bows to my credit (both from the Henry's below Ashton dam).

Now the bad part. Wind is almost always a factor. Summer consists of several days in late July, the rest of the time it can be cool to cold due to the 5000 ft elevation. I have been snowed on on the 4th of July but I have rarely got skunked. In fact the area in the city limits holds Bows and Browns that will tear up your tackle. My son caught a Brown three years ago that was slightly under 18 pounds on a #14 bead head nymph, in the city limits.

It's a good clean town and a great place to raise kids. Now that I can leave in the fall and spend the cold months over on the Klamath or Rogue I love it even more. Be forewarned, if you come here plan on getting a drift boat. The Snake, both the South and North Forks, are big water. Wading is good after the irrigation season is over and the water is dropped down on the South Fork. The water is pretty even on the North Fork most of the year. The winters can be brutal but not as bad as they were when I moved here.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to share your opinions and recommendations! Greatly appreciated, we've got some exploring to do

The way the drought and warming patterns are going in CA, OR, WA and MT, maybe Juneau, AK is worth a look (especially if you're young). I could live vicariously through you and your fishing stories.

Lodi Lodi and Lodi again

Carp fishing in Lodi Lake with a doughball fly?

Quote Originally Posted by Spicytuna1 View Post
    Lodi Lodi and Lodi again
    Unfortunately I sold the bass boat LONG ago (even let it sit for a couple years), otherwise it looks like fun out there