Thread: Scott Meridan Rods

Default Scott Meridan Rods

Threw a 10 weight today. Best Saltwater Rod I have ever thrown. I have a 10 weight sage one and the meridian is faster and has better feel.

Also threw it back to back with a sage salt and it actually felt a bit faster. Much better feel.

I have a 9 weight method. I think the method is a bit faster but the meridian is very impressive.

I cast the 8 with a traditional SA bonefish taper last week and it felt very good. Likely a combination of line and rod. The rods' action is very nice. Not too fast, not too slow. Similar to their Radian. I cast the 8 and 10 side by side but wasn't nearly as impressed with the 10 as the 8. The 8 stood out much more and the 10 was so-so but nothing bad to say about it.

I have had the 9 in my boat for about 3 months now...Really great rod. By far my favorite high end striper rod. I also have the Tidal that came out last year which is a more price point salt rod and that is really a great rod as well.

I have thrown the 9 and it is outstanding. The 10 throws well and in comparison to other 10's is truly unique.

The 9 is the smoothest 9 I have ever thrown even more so than a sage 1.

I purchased the 11 for an upcoming Tarpon trip and it feels really nice. I will report back after the trip, but seen many pictures with good sized poons landed with it.