Thread: Lower Sac Guide

Default Lower Sac Guide

Anyone have any recommendations for a lower sac guided float? Wife is giving it to me for my Bday. Never have used a guide. Trying to go in two weeks. Any recommendations appreciated.

[QUOTE=Rossflyguy;158334]Anyone have any recommendations for a lower sac guided float? Wife is giving it to me for my Bday. Never have used a guide. Trying to go in two weeks. Any recommendations appreciated.[/QUOTE

I can't say enough good things about Anthony Carruesco of AC Fly Fishing. My son and I did a float a few months ago and it was an experience we will never forget. I have no relation or affiliation so this comes as just a client but I felt we formed a friendship on the water that day. I'm waiting for the fall for steelies and eggf bite and I will be back up with AC. I know there are a lot of good ones but I would put AC with the best.

http://www.acflyfishing.com

[QUOTE=cdevine;158338]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossflyguy View Post
    Anyone have any recommendations for a lower sac guided float? Wife is giving it to me for my Bday. Never have used a guide. Trying to go in two weeks. Any recommendations appreciated.[/QUOTE

I can't say enough good things about Anthony Carruesco of AC Fly Fishing. My son and I did a float a few months ago and it was an experience we will never forget. I have no relation or affiliation so this comes as just a client but I felt we formed a friendship on the water that day. I'm waiting for the fall for steelies and eggf bite and I will be back up with AC. I know there are a lot of good ones but I would put AC with the best.

I already emailed them. I follow him on social media. Just waiting for a response. If he's booked I'll need back up options.

Chris Gearhart, Bent Rod Fly Fishing Adventures would be a good choice. I have fished with him several times and have never been disappointed. He works hard, is enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and has a great passion for fly fishing/guiding. www.bentrodflyfishing.com

I have always had a great success with Lance Gray. He has a website "Lance Gray and Company" and also posts often on this board. Good luck!

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Juan View Post
    I have always had a great success with Lance Gray. He has a website "Lance Gray and Company" and also posts often on this board. Good luck!

Brad
    Good call Brad. Lance is well known and respected as well.

[QUOTE=cdevine;158338]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossflyguy View Post
    Anyone have any recommendations for a lower sac guided float? Wife is giving it to me for my Bday. Never have used a guide. Trying to go in two weeks. Any recommendations appreciated.[/QUOTE

Second that

Quite adventurously quirky and inventive, Jim Pettis is the single best fisherman Ive ever had guide me, let alone on the Lower Sac.

Thanks Guys I do appreciate it.

RossFlyGuy if your still looking give me a call. if I can't do it - I can send you on to others!

Thanks everyone for the support.
    Lance Gray
    Fly Guide
    530-517-2204
    http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com