Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge Sale Due to Health Issues

Default Huge Sale Due to Health Issues

PRICES HAVE BEEN LOWERED ON REMAINING ITEMS! If its listed here it is available!

2 years ago I purchased 8 new rods and reels from my friend Justin the owner of Allen Fly Fishing. They can be found at allenflyfishing.com. Shortly after I began developing carpal tunnel and pronator syndrome on my right side. I had surgeries for both, but they were only partially success and all the symptoms have returned.

I've been unable to fish for nearly two years and I was recently informed by my physician, who is also a long time fly fisherman, that I will not be able to return to fly fishing and I may be having additional surgery. The last time I was fishing was with Guide Andy Guibord on the American River.

I fly fished for 30+ years, before my injuries and I have to say that the Allen Fly Fishing Rods and Reels are my all time favorite.

As a result I'm selling all the rods and reels. Some of the new ones have had the plastic removed from the cork and some still have the plastic in tack.

Below you will find the list of rods and reels grouped together by whether they are used or new.

If shipping required asking prices are Not negotiable and BUYER PAYS ALL SHIPPING COSTS and Payment must be via PayPal!

If Interested in something please contact me via Private Message and I'll provide my contact information.

I will hold items for interested parties no longer than 48 hours without payment in full.

New Allen Rods

8' 9” 4wt Allen ATS (Soft)... Price $80 OBO - Unless Shipping Required and buyer pays shipping

9' 4wt Allen Xa (Medium)... Price $130 OBO - Unless Shipping Required and buyer pays shipping

11' 8wt (Switch Rod)... Allen Olympic $175 OBO - Unless Shipping Required and buyer pays shipping

New Reddington Rods

9' 5wt Reddington CT (Slow)... Price $65 Firm

9' 6wt Reddington CT (Slow)... Price $65 Firm

Used Rod & Reel Combos

9' 6wt Reddington CT (Slow) & Allen Trout 5/7... Price $120 OBO - Unless Shipping Required and buyer pays shipping
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	renegade.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	10946  
    Last edited by FlyBum; 04-09-2016 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Lowered Prices On Remaining Items
    ~Tom Wilson
    "To go fishing is the chance to wash one's soul with pure air, with the rush of the brook, or with the shimmer of sun on blue water. It brings meekness and inspiration from the decency of nature, charity toward tackle-makers, patience toward fish, a mockery of profits and egos, a quieting of hate, a rejoicing that you do not have to decide a darned thing until next week. And it is discipline in the equality of men - for all men are equal before fish."
    ~ Herbert Hoover

sold outlaw rampage
    Last edited by FlyBum; 07-11-2015 at 02:29 PM.
    ~Tom Wilson
    "To go fishing is the chance to wash one's soul with pure air, with the rush of the brook, or with the shimmer of sun on blue water. It brings meekness and inspiration from the decency of nature, charity toward tackle-makers, patience toward fish, a mockery of profits and egos, a quieting of hate, a rejoicing that you do not have to decide a darned thing until next week. And it is discipline in the equality of men - for all men are equal before fish."
    ~ Herbert Hoover

check your pm.

bg
    do it with a long rod and a gentle touch.

Sorry to hear about your condition and the lack of an easy solution to it at this time. Hopefully, the doctors will come up with a better or more effective plan or treatment for your symptoms. Not that they arnt trying of course. Wish you well.

You've got some nice fly fishing things for sale and I can imagine how tough it is to let old and new "friends" go. Sorry about your inability to continue this great sport and hope you retain all the fond memories it has brought you.
    Mike

Thank you everyone for the kind words! I really appreciate it and I do have wonderful memories.
    ~Tom Wilson
    ~ Herbert Hoover

Okay there are still several rods and reels available. If you look through the list any that do not say sold next to them are still available.
    ~Tom Wilson
    ~ Herbert Hoover

Lowered Prices On Remaining Items!
    ~Tom Wilson
    ~ Herbert Hoover

PM sent...

I am also interested in some of your rods. Let me know when we can meet. I live in Roseville and have already inquired about your reels...
    thanks,
    Gary O