Thread: Why Didn't I Do This Sooner!

Default Why Didn't I Do This Sooner!

I was so frustrated with spey "hacking" I was ready to give up, and watching more youtube spey videos wasn't helping. I decided I needed help or it was time to give up on this spey thing. Then I found Jeff Putnam. All I can say is "wow!" He's a great instructor. We met on the water yesterday and what a difference he made. It didn't take long before I was consistently casting line out cleanly and with less effort than I ever could before. What I like the most is, if he saw I wasn't getting it after a few tries, he would make a small tweak or add a visual que, then boom it started working for me. If only I had done this sooner! He even helped me figure out what line I should have on my new rod, which saved me tons of time and money.

I know some people might find this next statement confounding, but spey casting is actually fun! No seriously. If you are not sure that's true, call Jeff. He will make you a believer. Many thanks Jeff! http://jpflyfishing.com

Spey casting is fun and Jeff is the MAN!! Congratulations on finding your sweet spot, it's alway rewarding when you fire one out there with absolutely any effort. But then there are days that the funk comes back and you just want to throw your rod in the water and walk home. I think that is just part of the game.

Jeff..one of the best! Your learning curve will be reduced significantly.

We are lucky to have Jeff in our area.

Being able to take people out on the Lower American River is really special.

Jeff Putnam and Simon Gawesworth are responsible for pioneering two handed fly casting in Sacramento.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

When I lived in CA I got help with my cast from Bill Lowe. I sure miss that guy. He had a great teaching style.