Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sage IV 1474-1 - Need help deciding

Quote Originally Posted by ZWhit View Post
    Thanks troutless and John Sv for your input. Depending on the day I sway between troutless and Jeff's view points. If I keep it as a back up or occaional caster, I wouldn't be dissappointed. It's a beauty. At the same time I would use something in the lighter range more. Thinking...
    The only way you'll figure that out is trying some lighter rods. To be clear I do think you'd use something lighter more. I just don't see the point in selling a rod you love, even if it only fills a somewhat narrow niche. I mean, have you ever, like, ever, been talking to someone who said..."back in the day, I had rod X. Loved that rod. Sold it to buy rod Y. Sure glad I sold X."

In the meantime, anyone have thoughts on a moderatley priced light switch/spey for trout?
    Gary Anderson is the king of trout spey. The lighter rods -- 3wt, 4wt -- are not cheap. You can get a 5wt Nova reasonably, a bit much for trout, at least the trout hereabouts.

Echo Glass series is nice. The light ones are pretty short.

@Troutless I like the way you think. It's a head vs heart thing, really. I think, I will look around, do my research and in the meantime keep this green beauty. I did learn that I have it underlined with a 550 Skagit. I need to find a 600+ line it sounds like.

I was checking out Gary's website earlier today actually. Also, I've been considering the Echo glass. They are getting a lot of good reviews and are a great price.

I should take @Jeff up on his offer too!