Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Yuba...GO NOW.

Default North Yuba...GO NOW.

It's about as good as it gets on the North Yuba right now. We fished all day in multiple runs, never saw anyone else on the water. This is one stream I don't have a problem with advertising. There's plenty of room, plenty of access, and Downieville is a killer little town to R&R in. I can't say enough good things about Two Rivers Cafe btw, owner/manager was super nice and stayed open late for us when we got off the water. The garlic chicken pizza was one of the best I've ever had. Take plenty of yellow/orange stimulators in a 12 or 14, they're gonna get chewed up fast. Easily over 100 hits, most on back to back to back casts, probably 20 fish to hand, and they're feisty and jump and generally freak out. Doesn't get much better in the summer.

[QUOTE=Gregg;157725]It's about as good as it gets on the North Yuba right now. We fished all day in multiple runs, never saw anyone else on the water. This is one stream I don't have a problem with advertising. There's plenty of room, plenty of access, and Downieville is a killer little town to R&R in. I can't say enough good things about Two Rivers Cafe btw, owner/manager was super nice and stayed open late for us when we got off the water. The garlic chicken pizza was one of the best I've ever had. Take plenty of yellow/orange stimulators in a 12 or 14, they're gonna get chewed up fast. Easily over 100 hits, most on back to back to back casts, probably 20 fish to hand, and they're feisty and jump and generally freak out. Doesn't get much better in the summer.

Awesome pics. How were the water temps? I've taking it from the results pretty much perfect?
    Thx even sharing this most people still have to make a big drive and a lot aren't comfortable boulder jumping. I doubt the masses show up.

Thanks Gregg

This is very important information.........go very soon.

There is a short time (two weeks?) every spring/summer that a fishery is peaking.

Going at that time is very important.

It varies every year with the snow pack/weather.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Just make sure the water isn't too warm.

i was out there on Saturday from 10:30am-5pm

landed over 50 fish, it was an epic day. including some nice ones over 12". they are literally everywhere including in very skinny runs.

tied on the parachute adams and didn't change flies all day except replacing as they were getting torn up and destroyed

That's killer, it should have a couple more solid weeks left until temps start to spike. I checked in a handful of different spots and averaged about 58. Surprised it was so productive mid-day, we went through a couple hours from 1-3 of nothing, then was on fire from 5-8. Can't wait to get back there next week!

I went out again yesterday afternoon for a few hours, from 3-6:30. Not quite as good as Saturday, but it was a hotter day. Orange stimi with a psycho prince dropper was the hot ticket. Landed two nice ones over 12" and lots of the typical 6-9".

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    I went out again yesterday afternoon for a few hours, from 3-6:30. Not quite as good as Saturday, but it was a hotter day. Orange stimi with a psycho prince dropper was the hot ticket. Landed two nice ones over 12" and lots of the typical 6-9".
    Just curious -- what was your stimi vs dropper take? Mostly on the dry, or mostly on the dropper?

Quote Originally Posted by motosacto View Post
    Just curious -- what was your stimi vs dropper take? Mostly on the dry, or mostly on the dropper?
    i have had bigger numbers on the dry fly, but most of my larger fish have been coming on the dropper. however, i did stick a real nice one on Saturday on top.

Where is the best place to start on the NF Yuba? Downieville or Sierra City? I havent been up there since I was a young man.