Thread: WTB: Simms square 4 piece rod travel tube

Neither new or improved, but now in Redmond OR

Default WTB: Simms square 4 piece rod travel tube

Anyone have one of the old, obsolete square, hard sided Simms rod travel tubes? I think they're covered in cordura (could be some other outdoor fabric) with a zippered closure. Looking for a 4 piece one. I like them because they're nearly bulletproof and being square won't roll off a luggage conveyor if you get caught and have to check it. Thanks. Doug

Not exactly what you are looking for but I have an aluminum four piece four rod carrier that I have never used, I can not remember who made the case but I am sure it was not Simm's.

Thanks for the offer NCL, but I'm fixed on the old square travel tubes, covered in nylon with the zippered closure. Abel still makes them I think.
    Doug

I have a ABEL 4 sided tube for 3 peice and 4 peice...like new

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Reese View Post
    I have a ABEL 4 sided tube for 3 peice and 4 peice...like new John
    Hi John,
    Thanks for the offer. I had another guy contact me about an Abel tube too. He said it is 34.5" long (outside dimension). That's too long to fit in my roller bag, even on a diagonal. Once in awhile I go someplace where they've required rods to be checked and I like to put my tube inside my roller. If your's is closer to 31 - 32" outside dimension I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by DLJeff View Post
    Hi John,
    Thanks for the offer. I had another guy contact me about an Abel tube too. He said it is 34.5" long (outside dimension). That's too long to fit in my roller bag, even on a diagonal. Once in awhile I go someplace where they've required rods to be checked and I like to put my tube inside my roller. If your's is closer to 31 - 32" outside dimension I'm interested.
    No, It's longer thern that

Try REC Components. I bought one last year and it worked great exactly as you described. Their cases are cordura covered triangle shaped and won't roll off of the conveyors if you check it through. Here's a link:

https://reelseats.com/shop/index.php...37de4686e431f0

Quote Originally Posted by onemoredeer View Post
    Try REC Components. I bought one last year and it worked great exactly as you described. Their cases are cordura covered triangle shaped and won't roll off of the conveyors if you check it through. Here's a link:

https://reelseats.com/shop/index.php...37de4686e431f0
    Thanks for sending that link, OMD. That might work. Is the plastic tube pretty stout?

Quote Originally Posted by DLJeff View Post
    Thanks for sending that link, OMD. That might work. Is the plastic tube pretty stout?
    Yes, dang near bullet proof!