Thread: Proposed regulation changes at Pyramid

Default Proposed regulation changes at Pyramid

http://www.slideshare.net/nancyvucin...pt-regulations

Some price increases but that's to be expected. It's still a good deal, IMO. Annual guide fees are proposed to triple (am I reading that correctly?). Sorry, guys.

Most of the other changes seem reasonable to me and all towards the good of the fishery.

Highlights of some of the proposed changes;

- A "No Crosby's" rule! Hoooray! Any fish on a stringer, or in a live well or cooler is automatically part of the daily bag limit!
    - No fishing from boats between July 1 and Sept. 30. Shore fishing only. No tubes or ladders, either. I can live with that!
    - No downriggers between July 1 and Sept. 30. No more dubious claims of "I'm targeting perch at 90 feet!".
    - Boats have to stay 250' away from float tube and shore/ladder fishers.
    “Behind mountains, more mountains.” - Haitian proverb

Proposed requirement for identification tag on ladders is an interesting twist and another potential revenue generator if you don't read the fine print (look at the fines). Also appears while the general guide fee went up (a good idea...far too many guides out there now), it appears they are doing away with the $3,000 boat guide fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoetrout View Post
    Proposed requirement for identification tag on ladders is an interesting twist and another potential revenue generator if you don't read the fine print (look at the fines). Also appears while the general guide fee went up (a good idea...far too many guides out there now), it appears they are doing away with the $3,000 boat guide fee.

Identification tags on ladders? WHat the heck does that mean? Explain please.

All the other rules dont seem too bad. But the "no crosbys" rule isnt gonna change much. YOur still gonna have spinheads bonking fish to get their picture taken at crosbys.

See paragraph 15.6.1 under Use of Ladders, ETC.