Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff's 2015 AR Shad Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Fished the lower river yesterday. Only caught small makes. Met Keith from LA at the last spot I fished. He sure traveled a long way to fish for shad. Went back out in the evening and only got one but a bunch of LDRs. Thought maybe my hooked opened up and when I checked it was. Can't be as bad as Scott who was out when I got there and he was fishing for who knows how long without a fly. Been there!
    Hi Jeff

It was a pleasure meeting you. I didn't get any so far. I went fri nite to the same spot and back at sunrise this morning but nada. I did get pretty comfortable with my snap t switch casting. Thanks for the tips and the late Bill Lowe's YouTube vids. Shad is always worth traveling 400 miles. I travel a lot to fish. Hawaii 2-3x a year for bones ( and family), east cape Baja once a year for roosters and fish for local surf corbina,. Shad fishing to me is right up there. I wish we had a great river like the American down south. Better luck for me next year. I hope the run gets red hot. Goodluck everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Fished the lower river yesterday. Only caught small makes. Met Keith from LA at the last spot I fished. He sure traveled a long way to fish for shad. Went back out in the evening and only got one but a bunch of LDRs. Thought maybe my hooked opened up and when I checked it was. Can't be as bad as Scott who was out when I got there and he was fishing for who knows how long without a fly. Been there!
    Hi Jeff

It was a pleasure meeting you. I didn't get any so far. I went fri nite to the same spot and back at sunrise this morning but nada. I did get pretty comfortable with my snap t switch casting. Thanks for the tips and the late Bill Lowe's YouTube vids. Shad is always worth traveling 400 miles. I travel a lot to fish. Hawaii 2-3x a year for bones ( and family), east cape Baja once a year for roosters and fish for local surf corbina,. Shad fishing to me is right up there. I wish we had a great river like the American down south. Better luck for me next year. I hope the run gets red hot. Goodluck everyone!

Thanks Keith. Nice to meet you too. Yes the run this year has been lackluster but I hoping it's just late. Earl an I got into double digits again in his boat this evening. Floating all day tomorrow!

Floated the upper river with Earle Sloan yesterday and it was pretty slow. You had to work to get a hookup because they were scattered all over the place. We ended up with 7 to the boat for 6 hours of fishing. I'd rather be out on the water fishing than sitting on a couch at home!

Hey Jeff, when you see Earl, tell him Rod says Hello. Then ask him to tell Daisy, Manny says hey!
    Get to whats reel

Will do Rod! Will probably see him out fishing tonight because he didn't fish last night!

Great evening! Found the bucket and it was furious until they moved. Ended up with over a dozen. Even Smittyfish got some tonight!

Hey Jeff, great fishing with you . You where slaying them hard tonight!
    May we have many more this season!

It's great to hear this! How far up the river are they now?

Thanks.

Wishn

All the up to the top but not in huge numbers. Last night was a first for me this run up there. We'll see if it picks up!