Thread: Lower Sac Float

Default Lower Sac Float

Spent yesterday floating the lower sac with my oldest son who is learning the art of fly fishing at a pretty young age. Had an amazing time with Anthony Carruesco of AC FLY Fishing. I can't say enough positives about his knowledge, patience, and ability to teach along the way. My son rocked the front of the boat and I got some leftovers in the rear. Awesome sunday!

Caddis and PMD on the menu along with the other typical stuff. Water was perfect. A little tint of green and low 50's water temp. She's doing quite well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	10659   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	10660   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	10661  

I was on the river yesterday also. I was at sewer ponds in the green boat. My guest and I enjoyed watching your son land some great fish while we were having lunch. It's nice to see young folks out with their parents. I had a young man a couple of weeks ago with his dad. The young fly slinger out fished his dad. I took video of him. You can see it on our LGC facebook page.

Take him fishing more - my daughter and son both love the boat and fishing.

Great job!!
    Lance Gray
    Fly Guide
    530-517-2204
    http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Gray View Post
    I was on the river yesterday also. I was at sewer ponds in the green boat. My guest and I enjoyed watching your son land some great fish while we were having lunch. It's nice to see young folks out with their parents. I had a young man a couple of weeks ago with his dad. The young fly slinger out fished his dad. I took video of him. You can see it on our LGC facebook page.

Take him fishing more - my daughter and son both love the boat and fishing.

Great job!!
    Lance, thanks so much for those kind and encouraging words. I know exactly where you guys were... Look like you had a nice day as well. Great section of the river. I have 3 boys but the younger 2 are still a couple years away. My oldest (who you watched) is 11 and he really gets it. Understands dead drifts, mending line, etc. He loves it and these memories will last a lifetime. I've met so many quality people on the river, in the shops, and on these forums. We are blessed to have some of these treasures in our back yard.

Thanks again Lance. I will check out the page.

You did it right with Anthony that kid is a stud and a master of his craft, I have had two nephew fish with him and at the end of the day they were both fishing like a pro. Glad you guys had a good trip and got he kid into some fish.