Thread: Beautiful day on the Truckee with Gilligan

Default Beautiful day on the Truckee with Gilligan

Stoked to get a few hours on the water with Matt Koles from Gilligan's up in Truckee. Got into some really beautuful fish, and he really helped me refine some more technical roll casts and mends. Learned a ton, saw some new water, and got some really incredible looking fish to the net. Most people know Gilligan is legend status up there, and also how hard the Truckee can be to pull fish out of. I'd highly recommend putting a day in with him, it'll pay off ten fold when you hit it on your own...while we still have water :/

http://www.gilligansguideservice.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Stoked to get a few hours on the water with Matt Koles from Gilligan's up in Truckee. Got into some really beautuful fish, and he really helped me refine some more technical roll casts and mends. Learned a ton, saw some new water, and got some really incredible looking fish to the net. Most people know Gilligan is legend status up there, and also how hard the Truckee can be to pull fish out of. I'd highly recommend putting a day in with him, it'll pay off ten fold when you hit it on your own...while we still have water :/

http://www.gilligansguideservice.com/

Awesome pics… Gilligan is awesome. Hard to argue he isn't the king of that river especially high sticking. Looks like you hit the canyon with some pretty nice water. Nice work.

Awesome fish.
    Hurt my dodgy knee on my last trip to Yuba so out of action right now. Killing me!
    Thanks for sharing.