Thread: Lower Sac/Upper Rogue Report

Default Lower Sac/Upper Rogue Report

So I spent a bunch of days last week on the Lower Sac. The wind sucked but it really didn't slow the bite down much. The challenge is getting a good drift, but when we did fish ate! Kind of weird, for me the rubber leg bite slowed down in fact I had one day where no fish were hooked on rubber legs. The main menu items were PMD, Cadddis and other Stonefly stuff. The bottom line is the first half of this week is gonna be crappy weather but after that its "GO TIME". Get out there before its HOT all day.

I had a couple of days between trips on the Sac so I ran over the hill to fish the Rogue. I have my favorite spot around Shady Cove and I figured I fish it for a day or two. I will spare you the details but I think I was there in between pushes (hopefully) or behind the run. I did manage one very big very beautiful fish that I almost had landed when the hook on #14 Prince Nymph broke (I hate crappy hooks). I promptly headed back over the hill and continued having awesome fishing on the Sac.

There are some pics and a few more details on my site for anyone interested.

Chris

Guess you should have been there last week. We boated 13 on the 1st & 16 on the 2nd. All were 5 to 8 lbs. plus several nice cutthroats & smolts. Best days we have ever had on the Upper Rogue!

That's what I heard. The numbers into the hatchery have been really good. I will get after em again in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gearhart View Post
    That's what I heard. The numbers into the hatchery have been really good. I will get after em again in the fall.

Curious how the recent rainfall/snow in the north state has impacted the lower sac through redding? Last time we got a lot of water back in December I think it was the river was like choc milk for awhile. But I believe that was more rain and from the exposed areas of Shasta.. Anybody make it out today?