Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Catch and release cutts over 10#. No crosbys

Now that is a brute Rob! TOad of a cutty! Well done once again!

Here is another one today. right at 10 pounds. Bob M. from Oakland. Size 12 Albino Wino's have been the fly all spring. We met some anglers today from Long Beach who had a fly box full of Midges that were too big. They had purchased some and tied some of their own. They looked great I must say but tie your flies with thin bodies and undersized beads, especially if you are fishing around the hatchery. Rob

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Bull_Dog; 04-19-2015 at 08:38 PM.

These are some awesome looking fish!!

Lets see some pics of those hogs from sat Rob! I should have got up early and got out my ladder. Once again....weather is the name of the game.

Default Some Hogs from the weekend just for you Gangster

Quote Originally Posted by gangster View Post
    Lets see some pics of those hogs from sat Rob! I should have got up early and got out my ladder. Once again....weather is the name of the game.
    Here is a 12# from EJ of the Peninsula Fly Fishers on a Maholo Midge size 12... I call it 12 on a 12

And a #10 from Bryan Dykes about an hour later

That makes 20 fish 10 pounds or better from lucky clients since the Pleasanton show and a bunch more from friends at the lake. 15 of these fish have taken a Maholo Nymph or Midge size 12. I see a lot of flies in anglers boxes that are too big and tied too bulky. Tip for the day, keep your flies tied very thin and use under sized beads. Especially around the Hatchery area. You take some chances on bending out hooks but we have not lost a single big fish this season that was fair hooked on one of these flies. Keines has a full selection of Maholo Nymphs and Midges in stock right now. Don't make the trip to the lake without a handful.
    Last edited by Bull_Dog; 04-28-2015 at 04:47 PM.

Oh I cannot wait for Oct 1st!
    SHould be a real banger! ANd camping with friends is always fun when fishing is involved.
    Cheers to a great opener this year