Thread: Davis/Frenchman on Sunday

Default Davis/Frenchman on Sunday

Gave Davis a try on Sunday morning. Spent a couple hours off Jenkins searching with attractor patterns from the tube. Decided to cover water and depth by just dragging two lines- one Camo, one Rio Hover. 9-11:30am for only one missed grab on a burnt orange leech. The wind became an issue so I drove over to the east side and tried a few spots from shore- tossed a variety of offerings for nada. Packed it up and went to Frenchman for the afternoon. It's a bit shocking how low the lake is. Turkey point has always been my confidence spot so gave it a go. After a couple of hours braving the wind and working the shore for nothing I headed to the dam as a last ditch effort to save the day... zip.

Long drive back to Roseville- but, with an hour or so of light left decided to take a detour and see Independence lake for the first time. Lumpy/bumpy 4 mile road into the place, but beautiful and worth the effort. Unfortunately it was hurricane-force winds and the lake looked like an ocean, but I'll be back for sure. Vaughn

Did you take the water temp at Davis? Wondering about the water temp.

JPS- no, I didn't take water temp on this trip.

Joey and I fished Davis this past Friday. Water temp was 50. Fished eagle point but wind became an issue. All the structure from past years is out of the water. No good weed beds just yet. Not much bug activity yet but there were some blood midges. Could be ideal in a few weeks. I have a strange feeling prime time will be very short this year.

jet
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" - unknown author