Thread: iPhone MLPA app

Default iPhone MLPA app

Recently found "FishAlerts;" an app for iPhones that
    deals with the MLPA's. Shows National Marine Sanctuaries,
    links to the camera, gives weather and tide data, shows
    regulations for CA, Fl, and Ma. Also uses the iphone's mapping
    ability to let you know if you are in "never-never" land; i.e.
    in one of the dreaded MLPA's. Best of all, it's free.
    Think it only works with the iphones.

Default Mlpa ap....

Great idea. Lots of functionality. IF SO, too bad it's only for the iPhone. Maybe I'll have to breakdown and buy one....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Hey Darien -
    Just kidding, Big D; I thought it was only for the iphone. I just looked at their site and found this -
    "The FishAlerts! Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) and Social Networking app is an exciting new app that allows you to view all available Marine Protected Areas, National Marine Sanctuaries and their restrictions from your iPhone, iPad and Android phones. Before FishAlerts! this information was only available through hard-to-navigate government websites and web browsers. Not any more… Now, by simply downloading the FishAlerts! app you can know where you can and can’t fish with a couple taps of the touch screen."

Notice "Android."
    I have checked it out at my nearest MLPA - Scripps to La Jolla Farms. It does show me in the middle of the Alice's rabbit hole.
    This is a curious place. We like to fish there and were told by the SD life guard supervisor that the game wardens will let
    the fly guys alone. Evidently, no bait fishing and no harvesting. Have never encountered a warden there; but, often see the
    life guards and Torrey Pines Park rangers. They just wave.
    Hope you're doing well. Need to check on Gordon L (Rogue.) Steelheading as been abysmal for most this season.
    Best,
    Larry S

Question Dismal Season....

Certainly has been a strange one. I haven't kept track but I'd bet the smaller coastal rivers/streams haven't been open much in the last few years. Estuaries are my favorite.

Hmmm,.... It's been a while since we've heard anything from Gordon. Since there's little water around here, he's probably decided to go to New Zealand.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown