Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: American Fly Fishing and Kienes to Combine

A quick response to Andrew's (Andy Guibord) post.

I would follow you, as well as the other Kiene's staff, anywhere! Your continuing on at Kiene's simply makes it very simple, comfortable, and very positive for all.

Thank You, Bob

I went in Saturday to demo a BVK, there was a seminar going on, it was Andy and another guy in there.
    No pressure, looked around, asked to demo, got it rigged up and Andy says " go ahead and take it out back to check it out. No worries, no stress, no pressure to watch the rod doesnt get swiped. Same as I remember it being for years and years at the shop. I test cast the rod, loved it, went inside and bought it- chatted striper fishing for a bit while ringing it up.
    Low-key, low pressure, just how I want to be dealt with at my favorite shop.

I made the choice to drive from woodland to sac to get the rod on a saturday even though I could have bought it online and had it a week earlier. Glad I did.

I've shopped both stores before this announcement- bought gear from Gary when he was dealing Orvis over across from Loehmann's plaza. He's a good guy and I have to think this will end more as a positive than a negative.

I'll still make the trip when I need stuff- I like the shop. Good people.
    Last edited by Mr T; 03-23-2015 at 10:58 AM.

We have the new work schedule and you will still see the same "core Kiene family" that you have grown to trust. I've known Gary for over 30 years and he is a good guy. A new travel connection and an efficient online presence gives us a chance to serve the fly fishing community better than ever before.

Will my American Fly Fishing gift certificate that I just won be good at Kiene's now?
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Scott---Good question.

In a similar vein; early this month, before the announcement of the two-shop merger, I purchased on-line two (2) measurement replacement nets from American. One "guide" net and a "large" one; the former being bigger and at more cost. I e-noted (twice) and requested how to proceed replacing the "guide" net for the smaller "large" net. I did not want the differential in the pricing ($12); merely a replacement. Haven't heard anything relative to doable or not.

Frank R. Pisciotta

Somehow, I think that Kiene's/American will take care of it and you will be a happy customer. Living in Redding I don't get in to those shops as much as I did when we lived in Folsom but the few times I have dropped in since moving, the customer service has been excellent, as always. Also, with Tim Fox involved in management, things are bound to be OK.

Default Monday, Monday.....

Went to Kiene's to pick up some hooks, materials, etc. Wonder of wonders, nothing's changed. Met Gary in the parking lot and had a little congratulatory chat, then went in and had a visit with the staff and made my purchases. Same great place to go and hang out.... Hopefully, that will last until I'm no longer around.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by amoeba View Post
    Why (in God's name)? Because its allowed, so next time you post, please don't misinform. Not all golden trout are listed and retention is allowed as described in State regulations. I'm not sure of the picture you're mentioning, but if it were from those alpine lakes where lake plants of trout resulted in local extirpations of our native amphibians (which are now listed), I would give them a medal for every large golden trout they caught and killed.
    Class act all the way boss!

Not an alpine lake fish..it was a small stream fish on the john muir trail (maybe just a bronze medal for killing the small ones?)..some pack trip I suppose. The picture I referenced has since been taken down, but there are some other pictures on their facebook page that speak volumes.

https://www.facebook.com/11157114220...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/11157114220...type=3&theater
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1085150_670286112999259_159603254_o.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	10544  
    Last edited by E.Drucker; 03-23-2015 at 11:54 PM.