Thread: Bodega Bay

Default Bodega Bay

will be at Bodega Bay for a week on an RV trip. Would appreciate advice on fishing locations in that area. I am experienced fishing in the salt and surf. Just never been there to fish. Any information will be helpful.

Are ther Marine Preserve areas I need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance!

Jimmie
    Chicago Park, California

Default Bodega Bay....

The only MPA that I'm aware of close to that area is on the Russian River from Hwy1 to the mouth (fishing closure). Whether that extends outward to sea and around Goat Rock I have no idea. It's the right time of year for Starry Flounder. Maybe some perch in the surf and in the bay. If there's a minus tide, you might want to consider clamming or gathering mussels. I've fished inside the harbor a few times but never did particularly well.

Good luck....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Bodega Dunes State Park for surf fishing is where I went last month and got into some perch. Saw some stripers cruising around as well.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

There IS a marine closure along the southern part of Salmon Creek beach and around the head. There is a boundary indicator in the dunes but you need to check with the ranger station at Salmon creek for specifics. The Russian is spitting a few fresh fish and some spent fish between Guerneville and Cassini's. Inside the bay there should be some pile perch and some jacksmelt available now. Surfperch are available, as stated. If you got a boat, blues should be available not too far out with these water temps an I don't know the season restrictions on blue rockfish or black snappers of which there can be plenty in season and close. You don't say when and halibut are an option later in the year too.
    PM me. If timing is right........?
    ....lee s.

Thank you to all who responded. Great information, most appreiciated and I will put it to good use. Will be there Friday for 6 days. Looking forward to getting salty!

Scott V, maybe I will be able to put that Hipshooter I got from you to use