Thread: A Fishing Report!

Default A Fishing Report!

Since I had a week off from work, I took my yearly pilgrimage to the east slope of the Sierra for some fly-fishing. Usually the weather is much colder, more inclement and just plain nasty. This year was an exception. It was clear blue skies, almost no wind and very spring-like. Heck, it almost got to 80 degrees in Bishop in the afternoons! I was hoping for the crummy kind of weather because that’s when the BWO tend to hatch in large numbers. Well…there was a hatch…of sorts…but not a lot of surface action. I did get into some fish each day, but almost all of them were on nymphs. Bleh! All the same, it was still good to get out and wet a line. Streams? The usual suspects, but as per my usual report methodology, no specifics or details. Here is a random sampling of photos of some of the trout I caught.

This 13 inch brown was my first fish of 2015. A nice way to start!

I caught some nice rainbows too.

This 16 inch brown liked my size 18 FBPT.

Sorry the pictures are not very good, I forgot to bring my regular camera so I had to use my iPhone. All the same, enjoy!

Cheers,

--F.G. Dave
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --Jeff Lebowski

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/

Nice report Dave. This weather has me itching to get out too.

Great colors and spots on those browns. Thanks for sharing!

EO

Thanks for sharing, and congrats on catching some fish, but I just have to call you out on your "report methodology". Clearly you have intimate knowledge of the eastern sierra fisheries that few possess ...but in the future you might want to title your thread "My Fish Pictures" instead of "Fishing Report"!

Fishing Report! Dave, I envy you getting out into some of the unspoiled land that Ca. has to offer.!
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the size of fish that I catch, the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that no one would believe me any way".