Thread: 600gr Airflo Skagit Compact

Default 600gr Airflo Skagit Compact

Bought this 600 grain Skagit line for my Sage 7136 but it turns out to be too heavy for the rod. The line had been fished 4 times and is in excellent condition. Will ship with the original plastic packaging as shown in the photo. I no longer have the box.

I would like to trade it for any of the following :

Airflo Skagit Compact 570gr (Floating or Intermediate)
    or
    Rio Skagit Max 575gr (Floating or Intermediate)

Thanks for looking.

25-30 grains will not make much difference (600-570 is a mere 5%). If you feel 600 is too much, perhaps you should try 500-550gr. I have this rod and two lines that I did but don't use anymore, a 500gr rio skagit head and 500 rio integrated skagit (with running line). I'd offer them to you if you weren't in Singapore.
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

Hi Ron, Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I am currently using a RIO 550gr Skagit head on the rod and feels that the rod still has some power to spare. Perhaps its because I am using the 6-piece version of the Sage One 7136, I think it may be that the 2 extra ferrules make the rod a tad stiffer and faster than the 4-piece version. I also have a very slow and lazy casting stroke, so perhaps a heavier line would help to load the rod better. The 600gr however really overloads the rod. Hence, I am curious to try out the 575gr. Best Regards.

Not a Skagit, But I have a 550 Rio Scandi that fishes great on that rod. I would trade if you were interested. Just throwing a option out there.
    Ric'R
    OUT!