Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: American River Steelhead report.

Steelies, yeah it was good to meet him too. Is your name Aaron? Feel free to send me a pm if you prefer. Maybe I'll see you on the water some time too.
    I'm Mark but I know Aaron, he's also a good guy~

Any updates out there with the recent rainfalls? I would "think" a new push of chrome would come up the river but I haven't been out yet. Are flows still around 900CFS?

Quote Originally Posted by cdevine View Post
    Any updates out there with the recent rainfalls? I would "think" a new push of chrome would come up the river but I haven't been out yet. Are flows still around 900CFS?
    Flows are currently at 900.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by cdevine View Post
    Water is off-color brown, about a foot of visibility just below nimbus.
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

Went out near paradise beach this morning and the river was all backed up/blown out. Barely fishable! Called it a day before 8am. Still skunked for the season, but will continue putting in time. Whats the definition of insanity again?

No fish, no fishermen... but the clarity is ideal... 2+ feet at Sailor Bar.
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

Love the shot down the rod. Always a favorite.

Went above Watt visibility was excellent Way better than yesterday.

Visibility downstream today was good, down around Watt and Howe.

Thanks Mr. T. I like that style shot too.

Lucked into a group of fish tonight, lower river 2 for 3 in 40 minutes..just crazy. Sorry for the poor pics, poor lighting and I wanted to get back to fishing before complete dark.

Low light just after sun gone, black and olive flies. Step down, cast, swing, pray. She ripped it, on the last cast. I've run into more fish this season then any other. #swingisthething #wintersteel #speyfishing #spey #tugisthedrug #thoushaltnotbead #saynotonymping #burnyourbobbers #steelhead #flyfishing #steelheadfishing #metalheads