Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American River Steelhead report.

Red face American River Steelhead report.

I hooked two steelhead in the lower river today. The first one straightened out my hook. The second one I landed and was about 5 pounds. So far I have hooked 5 and landed three. That is after putting in much time on the water moving around. It seems that some fish entered during that little cold front last week. Some friends who fish bait hooked a number of nice fish. If you want to catch a steelhead do not wait for someone like me to tell you to run to the river. The fish will be passing through in very intermittent groups. Just go or you will miss this run.

It was nice seeing you throwing your switch rod on the Feather today. Cool to see you swinging and hook the only fish in the river!

With rain finally I don't know how there weren't more people around fishing. River fishing forecast, "Overcast, slight drizzle possible and no one around. Does that work for you?" Sure, I'll take it!

This guy was the cherry on top. The sun stayed out briefly and came just minutes before the grab. Made for an interesting photo.

Tightlines everyone.

Nice shot. Thanks for "keeping them wet."

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Thomas View Post
    Nice shot. Thanks for "keeping them wet."
    Awesome pics. Congrats. Had the kiddos at hoop games. I envy that "alone" time on what can be a crowded place. Sounds like you found a little bit of heaven.

This rain should really help push some chrome up. God I love it. We got absolutely hammered by a Tstorm in the Folsom area around 3pm today.

Nice pics & fish! Fished lower sunrise. Really good people hatch!

Nice shots. Glad you had success.
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

My buddy Artemis met you down there... said you were a pretty cool dude~

Nice photo~ I love the composition and colors... and the fish camo' is pretty cool too.

Congrats on hooking a nice fish at 'ye ole grind' away from the 'same ole grind' ~

Thanks Terry, Devine, Smitty, Ron and Steelies. Being out there doing what you enjoy is why we all go out there and being able to capture it on camera is another aspect of it that I enjoy. So I try to get a few shots when I can to freeze the moments forever for myself and others to enjoy. I don't always post reports but with the photos from that morning I thought it would be encouraging to others who hadn't been able to get out lately. Sometimes visuals can help with that. Thanks for the kind words guys.

Steelies, yeah it was good to meet him too. Is your name Aaron? Feel free to send me a pm if you prefer. Maybe I'll see you on the water some time too.

-Bryan

Right on Bryan, nice one! Love the pics.