Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly Tying Class Schedule at Kiene's Fly Shop

Default Fly Tying Class Schedule at Kiene's Fly Shop

KIENE’S FLY TYING,
    Updated Fly Tying Schedule,
    FEBRUARY - APRIL 2015

Feb. 11, 2015, WEDNESDAY - “Basic Steelhead" Patterns”, Learn “the Green Butt Skunk” and “Purple Peril”

FEB. 18, 2015, WEDNESDAY - “Soft Hackles/Steelhead”, Learn the basics on how and why to fish soft hackles, the forgotten fly………..

Feb. 25, Mar. 4, 11, Wednesdays - “Beyond the Basics”, A follow up 3 session class to Novice Fly Tying. We will continue to master previous techniques, moving on to new and different materials/patterns

March 18, 2015, Wednesday - “More Steelhead Patterns”, Dubbing techniques in the ‘October Caddis’, and more, Doug Duncan, Instructor

March 25, 2015, Wednesday - “Striper Patterns”, Instructor, Andy Guibord

April 8, 2015, Wednesday - “Shad Patterns”, Learn the HOT FLIES, “the Bloody Maria” and the “Johnny Winter”

April 15, 22, 29, Wednesdays - “Novice Fly Tying”, Learn the fundamentals to fly tying in this low key and informal atmosphere

Notes:

All materials for all classes are provided

All fly tying equipment is the responsibility of each student

The limit for all classes is a 4 person minimum, 6 person maximum, first come, first served

Fly Tying Instructors include Andy Guibord (Striper Class), Doug Duncan (Steelhead Class), and Tim Au-Young for all remaining classes

Kiene’s will honor a 10% discount for all tying materials purchased for any class. Any student taking a session with 3 classes is eligible for the entire duration of the class period

COST:
    A. Single class - $30 per person
    B. 3 Class Series - $80 per person (50% deposit reserves your place in class)

7. Please call Kiene’s for more questions:
    M-F, 10 AM - 6 PM, Sat. 10 AM - 5 PM, Sun. 10 AM - 4 PM at

8. To speak with Tim Au-Young, please call 916.486.9958 Tuesdays - Thursday

9. All classes held at Kiene’s, generally 6-9 PM using a classroom atmosphere, big screen/camcorder
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill, thanks for putting the schedule up. For your fly tying interests, there are many topics available for sign up. You may either call the shop to sign up, or, of course, come in to the shop and gather more details. Tim will be there Tuesdays - Thursdays for more details if needed. Leaving a message with contact information for Tim, and he will return your inquiry ASAP. Thank you all in advance.
    Tim Au-Young

Hi Bill,
    Do any of the classes focus on Winter Steelhead Flies, more specifically Intruder patterns?

Howdy, Tim here. I could schedule an Intruder Class with enough interest. Please call me at the shop any Tuesday-Thursday at 916.486.9958, 10 AM to 6 PM. A minimum number of 4 people, no more than 6 people could fill a class. We would have the class in the back room at Kiene's during the week, starting after 5:30 PM depending on the people interested, for 3 hours. Cost would be $30 and include all materials for the class, and we could probably tie 2 different patterns. This class would be for people at an intermediate level and the goal of the class would be to learn the basics of Intruder style tying, NOT basic fly tying techniques.

Well you can count me in, so we need 3 other people.

Anyone else interested?

Dear Rmacnell656,

Howdy. I have my contact down for a date in March to Instruct due to his schedule. This is probably the best Intruder tier that I know locally, and he is in the same fly fishing club that I belong to. Now that I know that you are interested, I will begin to seek 3 others like you, who wish to learn the basics of Intruder tying. If there are any other "steely type people" out there who tie and may not know the tricks to tying these kinds of patterns, this is an intimate, fun, and low key opportunity to learn how to augment your already proficient fly tying skills. This class is for Intermediate level ability. Tim (please call me at the shop T-Th for more info and/or questions, 916.486.995

Is there an interest in saltwater patterns specifically for bonefish, permit, tarpon etc,?

Thanks.

Bill

Bill,

Howdy., I will continue to monitor this site to see if there is interest in a salt water pattern class. If yes, then I will do research to find a qualified instructor. Thanks, Tim A

Hello all. Due to lack of interest, the class for this week, "Basic Steelhead Patterns" has been cancelled. Please call the shop for questions as Tim works Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, only. Thank you. 916.486.9958

Default Soft Hackle Class, Feb. 18, 2015, 6 PM

Hello all! I hope all is well. This week's class on More Steelhead Patterns, by instructor Doug Duncan has been postponed until the fall. We are sorry for the bad timing and any inconvenience that this may have caused. Fall will be a better time to conduct these kinds of classes. Please call the shop with questions.

Thanks,

Tim A

Quote Originally Posted by Tim A View Post
    Hello all. Due to lack of interest, the class for this week, "Basic Steelhead Patterns" has been cancelled. Please call the shop for questions as Tim works Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, only. Thank you. 916.486.9958
    Howdy. We are A GREAT BIG GO for tonight's class. Get ready to learn about 'the Forgotten Flies, wet flies and their sub categories. Tim

March 19, 2015 - I am sorry to say that due to the impending merger with American Fly Fishing Company, Kiene's will be postponing Andy's "Delta Striper Patterns" indefinitely. We are sorry for any inconvenience to you. Tim
    Last edited by Tim A; 03-19-2015 at 02:05 PM.