Thread: TCX 5119 Switch Line Recommendations

Default TCX 5119 Switch Line Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a line set up for this rod? It's my first switch rod and I'll only be using it to swing or strip streamers. There's too many options for line. It's s little overwhelming.

what size of streamers do you plan on using. for larger flies, it is easier to cast with a shorter skagit head. this rod loves the rio scandi body in the 5/6 weight. it will push all the polys, as well as t-8

Quote Originally Posted by TaylerW View Post
    what size of streamers do you plan on using. for larger flies, it is easier to cast with a shorter skagit head. this rod loves the rio scandi body in the 5/6 weight. it will push all the polys, as well as t-8
    All sizes. From size eight buggers to 4-5' articulated streamers. Afraid the loop to loop connection with get caught up in the eyes when I'm stripping streamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossflyguy View Post
    All sizes. From size eight buggers to 4-5' articulated streamers. Afraid the loop to loop connection with get caught up in the eyes when I'm stripping streamers.
    I don't like the head and running line connection when stripping streamers, but it's been more of an annoyance, than a problem. The Wulff Ambush line would be a good skagit type line, and no connection.

Not so sure about casting 4-5 foot articulated streamers though........

briansII

I use a 400 grain Rio Skagit Max Short on my 5119. Very sweet casting!

Quote Originally Posted by briansII View Post
    I don't like the head and running line connection when stripping streamers, but it's been more of an annoyance, than a problem. The Wulff Ambush line would be a good skagit type line, and no connection.

Not so sure about casting 4-5 foot articulated streamers though........

briansII
    Lol!! Trying to catch that mega mouth bass. I meant 4-5". I'll check out that amnush line.

I use a 360 gr rage on my 5116
    There is a fine line between fishing and standing there like an idiot!