Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trailer Suggestions

Default Trailer Suggestions

I have a Scadden Outlaw Avenger (2-person, 12') inflatable that I've only been using on my Alaska trips, so I haven't needed a trailer up to this point. I want to start using it in CA and have it blown up and ready to go when I get to a lake or river, so I'm trying to figure out a good trailer for this inflatable.

I saw an ad for TrailWater and the trailer looks great - the price tag, not so much.

The Trailex looks good and it not nearly as expensive. Anyone have experience with that one?

Thanks for any suggestions.

get one of the utility trailers from tractor supply and put plywood over the top and mount a wench on the front of the trailer. great raft or float boat trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan Brown View Post
    get one of the utility trailers from tractor supply and put plywood over the top and mount a wench on the front of the trailer. great raft or float boat trailer.
    +1

I see a lot of kit trailers that you bolt together yourself used for rafts and small prams. The boats don't weigh too much so even a slightly sketchy trailer is probably good to go? I still won't drive behind one though!

I'm sorry, I left off an important fact, that I am not handy. In fact, because of so many prior "incidents" (and don't even get me started on Super Glue), I'm pretty much barred from using anything over the level of a screwdriver. And I can tell you a story about how I ended up in the ER because of "the screwdriver incident."
    So I'm afraid if I assembled anything, either I would get hurt or, as Salmonid alluded to, someone behind me might get hurt. And if a lawsuit ensued and they checked my prior "incident" level, well, you know the result.
    I'd rather just buy a trailer. And, because of my small business of taking people on wilderness trips in AK, I can probably find a way to write it off.

This is what happens when you do not have shop classes any more...Sorry but I saw this coming a long time ago...

Check you pm's for a couple of suggestions.

Sent pm....plks chk

Thanks, folks, I appreciate the help.
    And, Frank, I had shop class, but it didn't help. Apparently that part of my brain didn't get wired properly. But put me in the wilderness and I shine.

Find a shorelander trailer made for a jetski, extend the tongue and deck it. This is a very good trailer setup for rafts. Solidly built and tows like a dream!

I noticed that Bass Pro has a Malone xtralite trailer for Kayaks. May work well with the raft.