Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spawning Rainbows

Very cool! Nice description of how you safely achieved these shots. Could be a nifty way to learn more about where fish are holding along a stretch of river. It would be a joy to just walk a river with a set up like this and then see what you learn under water

Hmmmmmmm???

Very cool shots! First time that I have actually wanted a GoPro. Thanks for posting.
    Gregg

Quote Originally Posted by treefshr View Post
    Very cool shots! First time that I have actually wanted a GoPro. Thanks for posting.
    Gregg
    I actually bought the gopro specifically to take underwater still photos of fish. I would love to have a housing for my dslr, but they are much more expensive than the gopro and can't easily get near the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by chemdoc View Post
    In answer to a couple of questions, on the advice from a member of Putah Creek Trout, I crossed upstream beyond the warning tape and then came back down to the spawning bed along the bank. The extension pole came from Home Depot. It is called the Unger Pro and comes in various lengths. This is the 12 ft extension pole. I just put a gopro handlebar clamp on the end. You can get longer ones, but it gets difficult to hold the camera steady.
    Underwater video cameras like fuji also work well on this rig.