Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly Tying Factory Offers?

Default Fly Tying Factory Offers?

Anybody else get contacted by "Jennifer"? about flies for sale?

I think since I have my email address in the open on another forum I got targeted? We'll see what she replies with...

Best,

Default Jennifer....

Yep!!! I received an e-mail from her but I thought it was a scam and deleted it....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Huh, I guess she is human at least.

Not sure if being a Christian fly tier is gonna up the catch though?

Dear Sir,
    Thanks for your reply and the question thereof. Yes, we hand tie flies from all the categories including trout,salmon,bass and saltwater flies. We are also experienced in doing custom tying,this is where you can send us a picture or samples of your special/custom fly pattern for us to happily match and copy for you. Fly tying was taught to us by a group of American and European Christian fly tiers who visited our country sometime back.Today,we can tie flies to imitate any insect that game-fish species feed on.
    Our website is still under construction but has a lot information about us already...

Default European....???

I probably should've followed up like you have. Wonder what country the tiers are in???
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Kenya!

Flies look good $6-10 for a dozen, some nice salmon ones I wouldn't mind trying next year.

Not sure how to order, but she sent me a 15 page word doc showing them. Said her website is down...

Probably a scam, but kind of elaborate and niche-y?

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    I probably should've followed up like you have. Wonder what country the tiers are in???

Scam! Do not become a victim!
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

Question Scam....???

Maybe a scam. I had the same initial reaction.... But, it would be a good way to train some people in that area to become self sufficient (like in an AID project). The only way to find out is to check out their product. At the price of the flies, it seems like they might tie on lower quality hooks. Of course, that could happen here as well. How about asking them to send a sample??

Author unknown

And so Jen reminds me that the story should continue...

I will try to get some samples for cheap or free, D, quite an excellent idea to see if they are legit...

Dear Sir,are u still interested that we make u top quality salmon
    flies?we already forwarded u our catalogs.please reply.all the
    best,Jennifer.

John Arbuckle, "You get what you pay for."

Why not support your local fly shop. For example, the one that is hosting this forum.