Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American Report

Default American Report

Okay....I know somebody went out yesterday and today for steel...what happened???? Inquiring minds want to know!!!! I will be out Tuesday...

I hit Rossmoor with a buddy for opening morning. Didn't have any luck or see any fish caught. River was in decent shape and lotsa folks fishing. Will try again this weekend somewhere in the barbless section. Good luck!

There was virtually nothing caught high up on the river.
    There is a fine line between fishing and standing there like an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID95670 View Post
    There was virtually nothing caught high up on the river.
    That really surprises me. With all that rain we got early/mid December you would have expected a big push up the river. Maybe skiddish because of water conditions? Low and clear? Good luck to all and happy new year.

I was out on Sunday, below Rossmoor bar, not a single fish did I see. My casting skills have improved!

There was an article posted about how only 10 adult steelhead have returned to the hatchery as of 12/29. If you ask me I wouldn't consider those fishable numbers.

I was at fairoaks area today didn't see anyone with steelies I caught 1 trout.
    Its a little foul smelling along the rivers shore for sure.
    Why does the F&G or the biologist cut the heads off the dead salmon? Some had tags on the jaws.

They cut them in half after they count them. They do this so the fish is not counted twice

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy G View Post
    They cut them in half after they count them. They do this so the fish is not counted twice
    These reports have been awful. Casting is fun when you are actively pursuing fish. What a bummer. Are the flows just too low? Normal is closer to 2000 CFS right?

Okay...here goes. Fished today with my buddy Gordon...no hits...no runs...one kamikaze drive-by. Hit the water at Upper Sunrise about 0730 hours. Outside temperature was 38, no idea on the water temp. Water was about flowing about 900. Started on the West side of the island swinging my own version of Andy's U Name it. (My version because I didn't have the barred olive marabou, olive barred squirrel or white marabou...other than that it was a nice looking fly) Nothing....tried a couple of other patterns then broke down and indicator fished...nothing. Talked to a guy from Castro Valley who caught one at 0700 washing worms...2lbs. Went to the NE side of the island and had the same results. My friend was the victim of a Kamikaze Chrome attack. He was fishing a slot and as I walked up a nice 6-8 lb bright chrome metal-head with the most beautiful Furious Fuchsia lateral line busted the surface about three feet from him. I screamed like a beeeotch and he never saw the attack. Saw three boats back trolling in the hole NE of the island...no takers. One guide said they caught a 5 pounder about a mile upriver. Only saw two other guys fishing the whole day. Quit about 12:30 and washed away my sorrows with a nice cold Racer 5. All in all a great day on the river in the warm sunshine under blue skies. We'll get'em next time...
    Beast