Thread: OP Guide Recommendation

Default OP Guide Recommendation

Hi All,

Was hoping someone could recommend a guide, guide service, or fly shop to contact about chasing steelhead on the Olympic Peninsula. I'm fortunate enough to find myself in that neck of the woods late this coming January, and I figured I'd try to make a weekend out of it. Ultimately, I'd like to find someone that is a spey caster so that I can continue to build my TH skills.

Many thanks in advance!

jcanger

Default Guid

Try opskagit

Default guide recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by jcanger View Post
    Hi All,

Was hoping someone could recommend a guide, guide service, or fly shop to contact about chasing steelhead on the Olympic Peninsula. I'm fortunate enough to find myself in that neck of the woods late this coming January, and I figured I'd try to make a weekend out of it. Ultimately, I'd like to find someone that is a spey caster so that I can continue to build my TH skills.

Many thanks in advance!

jcanger
    Mike Dickson at; flyfishsteelhead.com or 425-330-9506. He & his Dad, Dennis(somewhat retired, now), are based out of Arlington, Washington and fish those rivers, Skagit, Snohomish, Stilly, Sauk, the Olympic Penninsula, Methoew, the Grande Ronde & various other rivers in Washington. They go to where the fish are. Including southeast Alaska. I've fished with them on these rivers over the last 15 years. You will not meet any harder working, knowledgeable steelhead fishing guides. They fish both spey & single handed, which ever you prefer.

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll follow up.

jcanger