Thread: micro spey rods

Default micro spey rods

I've been researching these rods and was wondering what your opinions are and their applications here in northern cali.
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

Love my ACR 2wt Spey! The thing is so much fun to cast...light in hand,fires bullets and you can still cover some serious water with it. Fish it for trout and half pounders, got a 18" steelie and it was a hoot! One thing I have found with these lite speys is that you need a slick ,thin, supple shooting line if you want to cover some distance. The p-line hydrafloat 50# was the ticket for me. The OPST would be another one to try. Gary with ACR rods is coming out with some new micro's soon, check em out!
    www.andersoncustomrods.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kranhold View Post
    p-line hydrafloat 50#/[/url]
    Has anyone else had an experience with this running line? My Rio Shit shooter has again had the grip section slip and peel off. The amazing staff at Kiene's has warrantied it twice for me and I am tired of it coming apart.

So how does this PLine hold up? Does it coil and knot up when cold? My shit Shooter was a mess on cold arse friday morning on the american
    There is a fine line between fishing and standing there like an idiot!

I have only used this on sub 300 grain rods. I'm sure it would work on larger grain weights and worth the try. This stuff is cheap, I think I paid 12 bucks and there is enough for 2-3 reels on one spool. You might look into the OPST laser line, been hearing good reports on this stuff.

The best running line is p-line hydrofloat in 50lb. Shoots, floats, low memory

Just bought the opst running line. I use it on my switch, 25 lb I believe . Works great. No problems yet!
    Check out there web : opskagit. Good videos on fly tying!