Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yuba is blown out!!

Default Yuba is blown out!!

In case you haven't seen the flows out of Deer Creek the Yuba is blown out!! Not even a little green on the edges. Should have been out there yesterday...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2117.jpg 
Views:	596 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	10042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2118.jpg 
Views:	550 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	10043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2119.jpg 
Views:	528 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	10044  

I could only imagine! I'll bet tomorrow will only be worse, craziest drive ever in the rain coming home from work today.
    Last edited by Mark Kranhold; 12-03-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kranhold View Post
    I could only imagine! I'll bet tomorrow will only be worse, craziest drive ever in the rain coming home from work today.
    Yeah I bet we got 2 inches of rain in an hour up near Folsom/EDH around 4-5pm. It was nuts. Worse drought ever and I'm getting flood warnings. Crazy stuff.

The trip home from the feather was all good. One wild one and a big hatchery fish for the smoker. I am fairly sure the drift boats were not out today... A half rainbow out to the east on the way back. Water was getting darker by the minute. The feather could blow out tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by cdevine View Post
    Yeah I bet we got 2 inches of rain in an hour up near Folsom/EDH around 4-5pm. It was nuts. Worse drought ever and I'm getting flood warnings. Crazy stuff.
    The report was 1 inch an hour. Got tired of the loud warnings on tv, every time it came on my cats freaked out. I'm in EDH as well and it was crazy last night. I just wish we had more lightning and thunder.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

gage isn't that high at last look (2,000 and declining slightly); weather forecasts have been variable for next week. There are probably better ideas than the Yuba right now anyway.

Weather is calling for 2 inches of rain between Wednesday and Friday in Yuba City/Marysville

The foothills are expecting 5" - 10" Wednesday night thru Thursday night with just to over 40 mph. It's gonna be a fun week!! Plus the storm is suppose to be colder, they are predicting 1 to 2 feet at 6,000.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Deer Creek is blasting out 2300 CFS of pure mud I would guess it will be around 5,000 CFS tomorrow. Not so good for the fish… Last time the Yuba was blasted out all the bugs were washed down to Sacramento…. The only fun thing was a few brown trout were washed into the Yuba.

It isn't nearly that bad. At highway 20 bridge it looks to be around 5,000 cfs. It has to get over 10,000 to start having any noticeable effect on the bugs. This morning (Friday) Deer Creek in Nevada City appears to be half of what it was yesterday afternoon. A nice flushing pulse.