Thread: Crowley lake

Default Crowley lake

We have almost two more weeks in the season at Crowley! I have guided Crowley all season from start to finish and I have never seen a better season at Crowley for size, numbers and a fantastic mixture of Rainbows, Browns and Cuttthroat trout. Many of the members of this forum have guided with me in the past and can attest to Crowley being the best stillwater in the state and one of the best in the West! If you have the opportunity to make it down to Crowley you should make the trip.

The marina will close this friday at noon, this means no more boats on the lake, however you will still be able to float tube the entire lake until November 15th. You also have great shore fishing from Sandy point all the way down thru Six Bays and into the North Landing where there are many areas that are holding fish. You can also access Leighton Springs area and with a little walk you can fish the marina area all the way around into Crooked Creek. This is a great time of year to fish larger patterns in the 4" to 6" range and take a shot at a monster brown. They are currently chasing the small fingerlings that have been planted for next years opener.

If you have any questions regarding the last few weeks of the season give me a call and I can help you out. If you want some great insight and learn some of the secrets to fishing Crowley please contact me to book a trip for next years season. You can also visit my web site at www.erniegulleyflyfishingguideservice.com
    Last edited by catch&release; 10-28-2014 at 09:18 PM.
    I do love me some "Stillwater" fly fishing....Ernie

Ernie Gulley Fly Fishing Guide Service

(909)953-1770

Email: erniegulleyflyfishing@aol.com
    Web: www.erniegulleyflyfishingguideservice.com

Quote Originally Posted by catch&release View Post
    We have almost two more weeks in the season at Crowley! I have guided Crowley all season from start to finish and I have never seen a better season at Crowley for size, numbers and a fantastic mixture of Rainbows, Browns and Cuttthroat trout. Many of the members of this forum have guided with me in the past and can attest to Crowley being the best stillwater in the state and one of the best in the West! If you have the opportunity to make it down to Crowley you should make the trip.

The marina will close this friday at noon, this means no more boats on the lake, however you will still be able to float tube the entire lake until November 15th. You also have great shore fishing from Sandy point all the way down thru Six Bays and into the North Landing where there are many areas that are holding fish. You can also access Leighton Springs area and with a little walk you can fish the marina area all the way around into Crooked Creek. This is a great time of year to fish larger patterns in the 4" to 6" range and take a shot at a monster brown. They are currently chasing the small fingerlings that have been planted for next years opener.

If you have any questions regarding the last few weeks of the season give me a call and I can help you out. If you want some great insight and learn some of the secrets to fishing Crowley please contact me to book a trip for next years season. You can also visit my web site at www.erniegulleyflyfishingguideservice.com
    Fishing is good at the marina area, beaver cove and crooked creek. Big storm comming, much needed but will be good on Sunday.

Good Luck Anglers
    I do love me some "Stillwater" fly fishing....Ernie

Ernie Gulley Fly Fishing Guide Service

(909)953-1770

Email: erniegulleyflyfishing@aol.com
    Web: www.erniegulleyflyfishingguideservice.com

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catch&release View Post
    Fishing is good at the marina area, beaver cove and crooked creek. Big storm comming, much needed but will be good on Sunday.

Good Luck Anglers
    Thanks for keeping us updated throughout the 2014 season. Cya next year.

My buddy Bill & I were the ones fishing with Ernie last Saturday in the wind. The day started out with us watching a bear mow thru some poor guys cooler in the back of his truck at our hotel in Mammoth. It pays to heed the local advice & remove all food from your vehicle.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iL7...ature=youtu.be

Our day at the lake started out normal but then the wind picked up. We stayed out there & had a fairly respectable day on the water. this was my second trip with Ernie. He's got Crowley dialed in. If you're thinking of fishing down there but don't know where to start, give him a call.

Here's a short video my friend took of the wind:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftw7V...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by fishnbeatsworkin; 10-31-2014 at 10:34 PM. Reason: my poor spelling & add bear vid