Thread: Lake Davis Report 9-29 & 9-30

Default Lake Davis Report 9-29 & 9-30

We got out to Davis this past Monday / Tuesday to some beautiful water. Water temps have dropped to 55 degrees. Fish were taken but that Fall grab isn't quite on yet or at least I haven't run into it. Not a lot of bugs on the water to bring the fish up so most of the time was spent fishing water not heads. Outside temp this AM was 32 degrees and it's blowing big time.

We ran into a beautiful brown Black Bear...Woody gave his opinion…

Didn't see you anywhere Gene but did run into Jonny with a couple of clients.

There were quite a few people out at most of the coves. Honker is currently the only open boat ramp with a pier. The fishing will only get better with a couple of forty fish days I'm sure to be thrown in somewhere in the not to distant future.

Pete
    aka FeatherRiverSam
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach

For a more detailed and well written report on current Lake Davis fishing conditions check out Jon's Blog.

http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blo...ort-10114.html

Pete
    aka FeatherRiverSam
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach

Pete....... you putted right by me, when i was heading to the back bays..... you was look kind of busy ....i knew i was fishing in the right spot when you and Jon are sharing the same bay.