Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green Tag DWR Chinook

Default Green Tag DWR Chinook

I was swinging up salmon on the weekend and one of the fish had a green tag on it with a telephone number and said DWR

Does anyone have information on this tag
    There is a fine line between fishing and standing there like an idiot!

Question Green Tag....

If you go to the DWR website, www.water.ca.gov/ and do a search for "Green Tag on Salmon" a list of tagging projects will be displayed. Sorry I can't aim you at the one you're interested in, tho.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Did you call the number?

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID95670 View Post
    I was swinging up salmon on the weekend and one of the fish had a green tag on it with a telephone number and said DWR

Does anyone have information on this tag

Quote Originally Posted by salmonid View Post
    Did you call the number?
    Well yah! That makes perfect sense Salmonid!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kranhold View Post
    Well yah! That makes perfect sense Salmonid!
    Ha! Yeah I was thinking maybe a portion of the phone number was obliterated and he was looking for info. But I don't know?

I did call the number before posting no reply and the message said nothing other than leave a message ...our tax dollars hardly working

I think it would be impossible to even speculate what this fish was tagged for on the sparse info provided. If you really wanna know, I'd call back and leave a message stating you caught a tagged fish and provide a call back #, but don't provide the tag number. Someone more than likely will call you back....

Done first call.

Quote Originally Posted by ycflyfisher View Post
    I think it would be impossible to even speculate what this fish was tagged for on the sparse info provided. If you really wanna know, I'd call back and leave a message stating you caught a tagged fish and provide a call back #, but don't provide the tag number. Someone more than likely will call you back....
    So I have 4 different tags off of 4 salmon and called three times left two messages. I then called the fish hatchery and they said to come in and drop them off when I have time. Also what I was told was that the people you call when dialing the phone number on the tag are real busy and out of office doing bio work (its what the hatchery person told me) so they dont have lots of time.

I figured that if they have a phone number on there they should call people back that are calling them. Like Dave said though almost most makes one think of where our tax dollars are going. Well you dont even have to think to know that not much money goes to DFW and into the bio research for nature. Our leaders that think they are gods!!!! (damn them!!!!) spend it else where and will go on record to say they do not care much about wild life! Again all this is my opinion and just me.

PS Dave if you want turn them in I guess you will have to do a hatchery trip.
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Is there any numbers or writing on those tags?

You would think they would want to know where and when that salmon was caught.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

In the fall I got a 7# Steelhead about 50 years ago drifting night crawlers from our boat with my dad down by Hwy 80 / Cal Expo on the Lower American River.

It had a bright orange tubular tag on it with writing on it. I think I mailed it into the CA D of F & G.

I told them where and when I caught it.

They sent me a letter and told me that it was weighed, measured and tagged up on the Sacramento River about a month before.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........