Thread: American Half-Pounders?

Default American Half-Pounders?

Any half-pounder reports this week? Thinking of heading out over the weekend. Hoping the weather change has improved things. If I go I will post a report.

Thanks.

Paul
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

Got a few right before the rain.
    Whooly in black.

Was out this morning fishing the runs around William B Pond Park, had a couple grabs but couldn't hook either, swinging flies.

Fished near Sarah Ct, landed 5 or 6 smolts on dries (there was a trico hatch, but I didn't have a good match, kept switching patterns). Also had a lot of taps swinging beadheads, but as usual I couldn't hook the bastards. Saw some gear guys land some huge salmon. Went fishing from 6:30AM to 11:30AM -- instead of going to church and instilling moral values in my kids. Sometimes I wonder about my priorities.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

Troutsource,
    Praise God for half-pounders! The only positive sugestion I have is to take your children with you. Teach them about the great outdoors, show them gods work, and above all show them how to flyfish.
    Sometimes worship is best practised alone.
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Troutsource View Post
    Fished near Sarah Ct, landed 5 or 6 smolts on dries (there was a trico hatch, but I didn't have a good match, kept switching patterns). Also had a lot of taps swinging beadheads, but as usual I couldn't hook the bastards. Saw some gear guys land some huge salmon. Went fishing from 6:30AM to 11:30AM -- instead of going to church and instilling moral values in my kids. Sometimes I wonder about my priorities.
    To me, water is just another one of God's churches. You can give thanks while fishing. I was raised that anywhere you are, can be a church.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Does the river get less crowded later in the season? Not that I was shoulder to shoulder, but there certainly was several groups salmon fishing. Maybe I just need to find a different location, I was out near William B Pond park.

I'm thinking next time if I bless myself upon reaching the river, my penalty for avoiding church should drop from 2 extra days to 1 extra day in purgatory. Everything should work out fine as long as I'm not required to part with my fly rod in the afterlife. I assume you're allowed to bring some belongings with you as you pass through purgatory.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river