Started out on a really great half day being guided by Maury Hatch for Stripers on the Delta. We launched at Korth's Pirates Lair to dead still air and glassy surface conditions (something I've never seen before in the Delta) with clouds overhead. The captain, the boat, the fly gear and weather conditions all were set up for what was to be a perfect day on the water bringing high numbers of large Stripers to the boat while enjoying breakfast burritos and coffee. I was enthused!!!

Maury worked very hard showing me some retrieves, locations and covered a lot of water to try to put us on some good fish but sometimes the fish don't come out to play. We ran all over the Delta and found lots of smallish Stripers and Black Bass but I don't recall any being legal size, with the exception of some of the sticks/weeds that I caught which might have approached world record status. That's fishing, tho, and my enthusiasm wasn't diminished. I wanted to learn a little about the Striper game since I rarely target them and I did accomplish that.

Maury's new boat is everything he said it would be. Clean, stable and a very good ride. The boat is equipped with all of the fly gear needed and I used it rather than cluttering up the boat with mine. I was not disappointed.

In spite of the catching, the fishing was great. Did I say that the warm breakfast burritos were outstanding already???!! I had a very good time and Maury's a great guide....