Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing with Mems on Saturday.

Default Fishing with Mems on Saturday.

Looking forward to fishing with Mems on Saturday @Kona.
    T

Cool......I hope you do well.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default Fishin' with Mems....

I'm envious. Will you be fishing for Bones or going off-shore??? Good luck either way....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Let us know how and what type of fishing you'll be doing.
    Id like to do something similar in March.

Hitting some flats in the morning.

You lucky dog.................does Sam Choy still have a restaurant out by the airport?

There is a Sam Choy on the south end of Alii up on the hill. Nice place.

Met Don @6:30 in the morning down at A-Bay (Anaeho' Omalu). If you have fished the islands before you know that this is rarely a numbers game. We saw a few bones and landed some small blue fin trevallies.

Fished the new Sage Salt 8wt with the Rio Tropical Quick Shooter/Redfish line. I like the Salt better than my Xi-3. The new rod feels more full flexing and tracks nicely. My son fished a Sage TCX 8wt with the new Scientific Angler Skarkwave line. I also fished the set up and feel the new Sharkwave line is much more user friendly than the Sharkskin (which I did not like at all). The line shoots great and is not as noisy going through the guides.

If you are looking for flats, the Big Island is not the place to go. If you are there with the family and want to sneak out early and try and get a grab or two then the early mornings are beautiful. There are many roads leading down to the water north of the airport. You can go down most any of these and have a fun morning. I would highly recommend Don Memmer if you want to learn the local ins and outs. He knows the island and it won't cost you major$$. Don frequently posts on our board and you can PM him to set up a guide date.
    Last edited by Terry Thomas; 09-08-2014 at 12:05 AM.

Default Thinking of You

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Thomas View Post
    Met Don @6:30 in the morning down at A-Bay (Anaeho' Omalu). If you have fished the islands before you know that this is rarely a numbers game. We saw a few bones and landed some small blue fin travalles.

Fished the new Sage Salt 8wt with the Rio Tropical Quick Shooter/Redfish line. I like the Salt better than my Xi-3. The new rod feels more full flexing and tracks nicely. My son fished a Sage TCX 8wt with the new Scientific Angler Skarkwave line. I also fished the set up and feel the new Sharkwave line is much more user friendly than the Sharkskin (which I did not like at all). The line shoots great and is not as noisy going through the guides.

If you are looking for flats, the Big Island is not the place to go. If you are there with the family and want to sneak out early and try and get a grab or two then the early mornings are beautiful. There are many roads leading down to the water north of the airport. You can go down most any of these and have a fun morning. I would highly recommend Don Memmer if you want to learn the local ins and outs. He knows the island and it won't cost you major$$. Don frequently posts on our board and you can PM him to set up a guide date.
    Hi Terry-

I have been wondering how your fishing with your son was going, so I appreciate your report.
    The morning experience sounds wonderful, especially shared with your son.

Have a great vacation!

Bob

Don was great with Mike. It was his first SW experience and he had lots of fun landing small blue fin trav...he even had a big boy chase right up to the rocks. So close.