Hey Guys,
Looking for your advice. I just moved to Sacramento CA this year and am planning on going on a 4 day camping/flyfishing trip starting on the 14th of August. I am brand new to north cal. I have been doing alot of research on the best flyfishing spots around northern california and could use some advice for where I should go during this time of year for some good trout on the fly & some good campsites that are on the water.

Do you guys have any recommedations for a place i can camp & get some good fishing in during this time? I have been reading that the Little Trukee & Trukee arent fishing well, last report on the mclaud said it was blown out green but Im not sure the date/time on that report, and I was researching some areas around shasta but there are so many places and i dont know where to start. I was looking at the carson, trukee, american river, the pit (shasta area I think?), mcloud yuba area river, etc.

I dont have a boat and will be wade fishing. I dont mind going up really high in the mountains if the fishing is good.

Would love some advice, preferrably with some good camping somewhere near the fishing spot. I dont mind a good challenging hike ether.

Thanks!