Just got back from trying to fish the upper Middle Fork of the Stanislaus river in Kennedy Meadows area.

Big rain storm on Friday night muddied the river to the consistence of chocolate milk! The worm guys caught a couple of fish but I did not even try. Thought maybe hiking upstream would provide relief but it was a no go, about 4 miles in I met some horse people coming down and they said it was muddied all the way up. Plan B I hiked back down and went to the Clark Fork and it was still clear caught a few small fish to salvage the day. This may not be clear after some heavy downpours Sunday afternoon.

Sunday morning went to the section of river below Beardsley. Tough climbing through the rock gardens and saw some small fish about 4" long but caught zero before it started thundering, lightening and raining heavy.

Went back to the truck and got something to eat, filled up with gas and crossed Sonora pass. There was a great Waterfall and some nice wildflowers while crossing Sonora Pass. Got down to West Walker which was chocolate also, drove up 395 to 89/88 and checked the East and West Carson which were also chocolate. However, the West Carson cleared above Sorensen's Resort, I took a few casts to some tiny trout and it started raining again so I drove home. Kept raining several periods during the trip home.