Thread: Bear River below Rawlings

Default Bear River below Rawlings

A friend of mine has 3000' of river front access to the Bear River somewhere below Rawlings Lake. It is just above what looked like a gravel plant (not the old Chevreaux near Combie). Anyone know what the flows are like now with the current drought? Are there still trout in that river? She said that several years past they have caught some good fish in there but havn't tried in several years. Does anyone have recent experience in that area?

Hey Jrib-
    I have fished on the Bear River above Camp Far West Lake - some good smallmouth fishing if you can find reliable access. I also remember catching a few trout, but Camp Far West is lower in elevation so it was mainly bass.

I have also heard there is good fishing on the Bear River below Rollins Lake with access being the main issue. I would imagine that flows are pretty low this year, but still definitely worth a try for smallmouth and trout. I'd be stoked to see a report if you make the trip!

Steven

Last year I walked downstream from the bridge below Rawlins (forget what highway that is). Decent trail going dowstream, but the parking lot seemed pretty sketchy with all the needles on the ground. I only caught a few small browns, but the water did look like it should hold bigger and better fish than that. I'd be curious to hear another report, maybe I'll give it another shot.
    Mike Monahan