Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How hot was it today where you live?

Default How hot was it today where you live?

Sacramento = 106 degrees

Redding = 109

Fresno = 109

San Cruz = 77

Newport, OR = 68

Medford, OR = 95

Burney, CA = 102

Fall River = 104

Dunsmuir = 104

Mammoth = 91

Truckee = 91

Missoula, MT = 79

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

109 in my Backyard here in Fair Oaks . I'm making the best of the situation by drinking lots of icy-cold Pacificos , and tying Whitlock swimming Sheep Baitfish for Baja in a few weeks ...

Anyone remember the great Kiene's Bass Bug outing in August , 2006 ?? It was 117 when we drove Highway 12 to get to Lundborg Landing , the Farmers were irrigating the Corn , and the friggin' humidity must have been 90% . I never want to feel THAT kind of heat again !

(I caught a limit of LMB before the Sun rose on the first day , in case you were wondering .....)

D.~

106 in Woodland.

Newport looks pretty good!

They said it was 109 in redding today but it didn't feel like 109.

Fog came into Berkeley in the afternoon. Muggy overnight, 70F by 3p, now we're socked in and 59F. Before you think I'm gloating, it was a treat to have summer over the past few days. Even went to the beach in Marin in shorts to look for perch.

Yes, hot weather. Ya gotta love it. My swimming pool temperature read 88 degrees. Fall River 104, the bugs must be frying on the surface. Heading there this thursday for a wedding

Left McCloud at 11am (82) and drove through Redding (99) turned west on 20 and the hottest the car temp read was 105 as I turned onto 101 to Willits. Glad I left when I did and am home in Fort Bragg with a very wonderful 79 degrees at the hottest today.

106 at Serrano CC for the First Tee tourney. Over 10 kids were treated for heat stroke, one kid would have won his division in our group but started to stagger and throwing up on the 16th hole and had to be sent to the clubhouse for treatment, there was a doctor on site.

106 in Yuba City at 6:00. At that time I stepped behind the plate to umpire a Little League All Star game. I did a second game at 8:00, again behind the plate. Plus side was when I got home and stepped on the scale I was 5lbs lighter.

109 in Chico (work). 102 in Paradise, where I live.
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.