Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wtb

The CPS has been sold. The Classic Trout is still available. It is like new, never fished, just casted. It is a very nice 4 wt. I use the same size/wt Sage LL, and it is very similar in action and feel. For $75, hard to beat. I also have a 2 PC, 9' 4 wt Sage LL for sale. A classic, but I travel to fish and have moved to all 4 piece rods, otherwise I would still be using it

In my 2 and 4 wts, I don't want fast action as I use a lot of 6-7X tippet. Both of the above rods are great spring creek tools - think Hat Creek, Fall River. The recently discontinued Sage Circa rods are "slower" than what I like. The ZXL's were nice, but also discontinued. But I fish LL and ZXL's in these weight rods. Clearly Scott, Winston have some nice sticks, but they are expensive. Lot's of options.

paul, age (approx) price new? paypal? thanks barry
    Last edited by arrow1347; 07-10-2014 at 04:59 AM.

The rod was built by Orvis in Vermont in 1987...marked 3/87 on the butt indicating when it was built. I purchased it from the San Francisco Orvis Store on Maiden Lane in September of 1987. I believe retail at that time was $275. I lack the ability to receive Paypal payments.

Paul

For what it's worth I've bought a rod or two from Paul over the years and he is a true gentleman and accurately describes the things he sells. Sending him a check should be no concern.
    Rich
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com

For $75 I'd jump all over any rod that's close to a Sage LL (own a 349 LL)
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.

age of rod and cond. thanks barry

actually looking for a 3wt

arrow,
    Sent you a PM.
    Best,
    Larry S

If you want a 3 wt. rod for a great price, get the Redington Classic Trout 8'6' rod. Out of the 17 rods I have, it has become my favorite, even displaced an Orvis ZG. You could have bought it two weeks ago for $85 from Cabelas, but they're sold out. It's possible that Kiene may still have some Temps which are the same blank. I think they were about $115 or so. Or, you can just buy one for $150 retail. I think that rod is a must own at anything under $300.

Per Local, I don't need $75 that badly. The Classic Trout family from Redington are really nice rods, and for the money, they are a steal. The only reason I am selling it is because I picked up a ZXL to go with my LL. If Arrow can find a 3 wt CT he should grab it. I am surprised that there hasn't been any interest in this rod. The other 6 rods I had for sale went. IMO, this classic trout was the best buy