Thread: last day

Default last day

Hola, we had a great week. Today was good fun, lots of mahi. Luke got a nice 25lbr. I got a fun 15lber on a BVK 10wt. Love that rod for small mahi. We looked for roosters on the beach. I cast to a 40lb one but no love. Doug got s 5lb one on the beach and was going nuts. Jumped out of the boat and landed it from shore. We then hit the light house and cast to cruising roosters but no takers. Last thing we went snorkeling and I saw a huge school of bluefinned trevally. It felt like I was back in home waters with all those papio swimming around. Getting packed up and then off to Montana tomorrow. I will report when we get into some trout. My friends are all jazzed up to come back when the sardinas are here. It was a great fathers day trip. The boys had a blast, it is great to turn your sons on to what you love. It is so cool to see a 10 year old hooked up to a jumping mahi. I don't know who is more excited, the boy or the frantic fish. Time to polish off all our beer and tequila, Mems.
    Don Memmer

Thumbs up La Ventana....

Aloha Don,.... You guys have had a pretty good trip in spite of the lack of Sardina's. I should've stayed another week and we could've fished together. I may have to consider a later week down there. Oh well,.... Next time. Hope your Montana trip goes well for everyone.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Hey Don,
    Glad you had a good trip!!I've got about ten days to go still tying flies never enough.If you and Luke are coming to Ca. before Montana let me know and we can get some stripers(bass not marlin.)We,ve been doing pretty will lots of small fish.
    Jim May