Thread: Plenty of action, no sardinas

Default Plenty of action, no sardinas

Aloha, our group has been having a blast. We had an epic father's day with over 20 mahi per person, most on fly. For the 10 and 12 year old boys it was their first dodo on the fly, and they are hooked. Sunday Luke got a nice 60lb rooster on a lady fish and today we went bluewater. Liam the 10 year old got a 30lb ono and a 50lb rooster for hot rod. Luke got a nice 25lb mahi on the fly yesterday. Doug got a big rooster yesterday with his son doing a tag team. Today Doug hooked a 200lb blue marlin, but it broke the line. Sorry no pics, I will post when I get them up on photobucket. Go USA! They are soccer crazy down here. Jim, I will save some fish for you. Sardinas or no sardinas it is still a great fishery with lots of action. Mems.
    Don Memmer

Aloha Don,

Sounds like you're having plenty of fun even without the sardinas. I'll be leaving for Kona in a couple of days and have a boat booked for three days out of Honokahau. Planning a day over in Hilo as well (family stuff) Hope you'll be back from Montana before I leave the Big Island.
    Alooooha, Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Hey Tony, plenty of big ahi around right now, my buds got an 80lbr yesterday. Call Russ Nitta on the lepika. We get back on July 7th. Give me a call and we can chase bones, Don
    Don Memmer

Default ONO!!!

Aloha Don,.... You guys are really having a great time. Liam must've been very excited catching the Ono. We tried trolling for Ono without much luck and the Roosters on the fly were smaller. The Rooster Luke caught is a grande model. We should've caught a few Ladyfish and trolled them for larger Roosters but it just wasn't in the cards. Next year (or maybe later this summer???).

Wishing you and the family continued good luck and a great vacation.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Hey Don,
    Sounds like your having to much fun ,glad to hear your in to em and thanks for leaving a few for me!!!
    Keep up the good work
    Jim May